Connecting 2 wireless switches?

If you have a Linksys wireless G router connected to your cable modem
can you connecte a Linksys wireless b router to the G wirelessly???

yes, it will work, i plug my smc wireless router into my linksys G
works fine

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 21:04:54 GMT, njkat@eclipse.net (gene martinez)
wrote:

>If you have a Linksys wireless G router connected to your cable modem
>can you connecte a Linksys wireless b router to the G wirelessly???

No. The right answer is to use WDS (wireless distribution service).
That means that both of your unspecified Linksys routers need to be
the same type and support WDS protocol.

http://www.linksysinfo.org/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=7

Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
AE6KS 831-336-2558

Can't WIRE them together... Will the see eachother wirelessly?

"WIlly Ci" <hsinhsin@comcast.net> wrote:

>yes, it will work, i plug my smc wireless router into my linksys G
>works fine
>
>"gene martinez" <njkat@eclipse.net> wrote in message
>> If you have a Linksys wireless G router connected to your cable modem
>> can you connecte a Linksys wireless b router to the G wirelessly???

TRENDING THREADS