Acer Enters 3D Laptop Arena

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsian

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2007
During the winter Olympic Vancouver 2010 I visited acer's giant advert facility ... they were showing 3D laptops that used polarized screen not active ones ... i guess they have switched ...

Khimera2000

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
ermmm... to be honest I dont see myself getting anything 3d for notebooks. its a fad for me.

the first issue i have is the requirement for shutter glassess (or has that changed) I dont see myself draging a pair where ever I go.

The second thing is IF I where to find a big screen the chances of it being a 3d compatible one are slim, and if it where to be 3d there probably would already be a 3d bluray player attached which is basicaly the only thing this notebook can do properly in 3d.

the extra cost is not justified for me since i cant really think of a place where i would prefere to use it, or a place where i would have the hardware on hand if the urge came around.

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
you can do 3d movies but not 3d games, the GPU can barely hold 30 FPS on the easier to run modern games, try having it render everything twice and see how fast it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS