Unable to get into system-help!

I have a emachine, S2485, 80g hard dr, 512 mb ddr.

My problem is i can't get it to sign on. When it is turned on it goes to
this screen.

Stating: We opoligize for the inconvenience windows did not start
sucessfuly. With options as to the reasons... it further gives options to
start, normally, safe mode, safe mode w/networking or command prompt, or last
known good configuration.

However, none work-- it keeps coming back to the above screen... what is the
problem? How do I get into my files in order to troubleshoot?

Please help... just recently had it fixed where my fans had burned out due
to smoke/nicotine. Had an exhaust fan added. They are all working (3)
computer stays on instead of turning off immediatley when the fans weren't
working, I'm now confused.

How to restore the operating system to a previous state in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306084/

http://www.michaelstevenstech.­com/XPrepairinstall.htm

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"anth7149" wrote:

| I have a emachine, S2485, 80g hard dr, 512 mb ddr.
|
| My problem is i can't get it to sign on. When it is turned on it goes to
| this screen.
|
| Stating: We opoligize for the inconvenience windows did not start
| sucessfuly. With options as to the reasons... it further gives options to
| start, normally, safe mode, safe mode w/networking or command prompt, or last
| known good configuration.
|
| However, none work-- it keeps coming back to the above screen... what is the
| problem? How do I get into my files in order to troubleshoot?
|
| Please help... just recently had it fixed where my fans had burned out due
| to smoke/nicotine. Had an exhaust fan added. They are all working (3)
| computer stays on instead of turning off immediatley when the fans weren't
| working, I'm now confused.

I don't have an emachine but I am having the same problem. Nothing has been
changed on the system. I read the suggested articles but I am unable to
perform any of the suggestions because it won't even boot.
Were you able to get anywhere with this?

"anth7149" <anth7149@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have a emachine, S2485, 80g hard dr, 512 mb ddr.
>
>My problem is i can't get it to sign on. When it is turned on it goes to
>this screen.
>
>Stating: We opoligize for the inconvenience windows did not start
>sucessfuly. With options as to the reasons... it further gives options to
>start, normally, safe mode, safe mode w/networking or command prompt, or last
>known good configuration.
>
>However, none work-- it keeps coming back to the above screen... what is the
>problem? How do I get into my files in order to troubleshoot?
>
>Please help... just recently had it fixed where my fans had burned out due
>to smoke/nicotine. Had an exhaust fan added. They are all working (3)
>computer stays on instead of turning off immediatley when the fans weren't
>working, I'm now confused.

See my reply to your identical message in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support

Please do not post the same question multiple times to different
newsgroups. If you feel that more than one newsgroup is relevant to
your type of problem then please use the cross-posting technique
whereby all of the newsgroups are addressed in the one message. That
saves time for us in reading (and possibly responding to) the same
message over and over again.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--