Best gaming computer to play wow

Status
Not open for further replies.

raptor12bee

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
Hello,
i wanted a link to a gaming computer laptop or desktop that will run world of warcraft on max settings with alot of fps i want it to have zero trouble with it but im not very computer smart so please send me a link to one thanks

Spoony

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2007
no offence but WOW is a shocking game and doesnt need much fps to run on max.

normal pc will do that fine, now if you was talking FPS ggame like BF3 then thats another things all together

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
For World of Warcraft, I strongly recommend an i5-2500k because the game is so CPU bound. You'd also want a pretty decent video card for max graphics +4x MSAA in 25man raiding. gtx 560ti is pretty well balanced without going into the 300 dollar + range. One thing to remember is that in 25man raids with settings turned up, even with the best hardware you will occasionally get dips into the mid 40's fps-wise. That has to do with aged coding and the cpu-bound nature of the game.

chriscornell

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009

Wrong.

The WoW game engines scales better than most other engines out there. With DX11 enabled, all settings on highest and console tweaks to make viewdistance father and enable more ground cluttering, the game is quite demanding - on top of that you have areas with 300+ people in them. This can bring even the most hardcore PC to it's knees.

EDIT: To the OP - You'll want at least 4Gbs of memory and preferrebly a quad-core cpu.

Something like this, should be your minimum spec-wise: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220997

Gothams Finest

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2011

No offence but you may want to get a bigger brain if you want to be useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.