Computer wont run fallout 3

I bought Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition for my Windows 7. The case says the minimum requirement for the game is Windows XP or Vista. I was able to install the game, but when I try to start the campaign, the game locks up at the same spot everytime and freezes my computer. Do you have any idea to what might be happening, and what can I do to fix it?
9 answers Last reply
More about computer wont fallout
  1. Hi :)

PC specs ???

All the best Brett :)
  2. Ya we need your systems spec's. Does this do it on all game or just the one?
  3. System specs please. Also while Fallout 3 can be played with Win 7, per Bethesda, it is not officially supported by Win 7.
  4. Big12Jake said:
    I bought Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition for my Windows 7. The case says the minimum requirement for the game is Windows XP or Vista. I was able to install the game, but when I try to start the campaign, the game locks up at the same spot everytime and freezes my computer. Do you have any idea to what might be happening, and what can I do to fix it?

It's just with Fallout 3, I bought MW3 and it works just fine. Where would I find my specs, are they listed in the manual.
  5. Big12Jake said:
    It's just with Fallout 3, I bought MW3 and it works just fine. Where would I find my specs, are they listed in the manual.

Press the Windows Icon-computer-system properties on the top. There you go.
  6. pattonrommel said:
    Press the Windows Icon-computer-system properties on the top. There you go.

correction, he dosnt seem tech savy

click on the orb at the botten left of the screen

right click on "computer" in the menu that pop's up

then click on properties

it will say your processor and installed ram

tell us what it says

or if that it confusing you

install this program

http://download.piriform.com/spsetup114.exe

and it will tell you what your specs are
  7. Lenovo win7, intel core processor i5-2430, 2.40GHz. 6 GB RAM
  8. We need to know the graphics card.
  9. Or does your laptop have a graphics card?
    Most likely it's integrated and the reason why it's crashing.
    Fallout 3 has got issues when trying to run the game on a system having inbuilt graphics.
    Try this
    http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/showthread.php?t=76043
Ask a new question

Read More

PC gaming Computers Games Fallout Video Games