Nokia 6255

Any news about that one? It was promised 4Q 2004, but there is no info
anywhere on it. Just "coming soon" on the Nokia website.
Who is testing it, Verizon, Sprint. US Cell?
Surprisingly there is no updates or interest to this phone on the net.
I wonder why. FM radio, MP3 player. (Hitachi 1G MMC cards sell for $140
BTW, not bad)
Cheers
Serge

It sounds like it's available in Hong Kong. Remember that VZW hates Nokia
and Bluetooth and this phone has the bad luck of having both.

-julie

Sprint on the other hand I could see them pi
<sergedavid@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Any news about that one? It was promised 4Q 2004, but there is no info
> anywhere on it. Just "coming soon" on the Nokia website.
> Who is testing it, Verizon, Sprint. US Cell?
> Surprisingly there is no updates or interest to this phone on the net.
> I wonder why. FM radio, MP3 player. (Hitachi 1G MMC cards sell for $140
> BTW, not bad)
> Cheers
> Serge

Well, VZW has phones with Bluetooth already. And they will me mad to
not to take this Nokia, although it is quite possible.
But it is well known that people say about VZW that it just doesn't
have good phones. And with the GSM standard's acceptance growing (It's
[GSM] actually better on the West coast; on the East coast - CDMA is
still better - I travel and have two phones for contingency), they will
be displaced faster then they think. They better change their strategy
and start offering every CDMA phone that is being created by anybody.

Sprint is more liberal in that regard for example - they know how to
protect their investment into their PCS network. The have more
interesting phones usually.
And US Cellular is taking new phones right away, WTF is wrong with VZW?

BTW, is Hong Kong using CDMA? I am pretty sure they are GSM covered.
Maybe they also have some CDMA companies as well...

Serge