problem installing programs

Anthony

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

I've recently encountered a problem installing new software.
It appears to install correctly but then when I go to use it I get the "
" has encountered a problem and needs to close.
It's happening with microsoft software so I'm not sure what is going on.

Does anyone have any idea or suggestions on what might be happening?
I would appreciate anything as it's getting very frustrating.

All current programs are fine.

Hi Anthony,
Sounds as if you have encountered the bug in Windows Installer that
Microsoft fixed this week. Suggest that you check out KB893803-v2 at the
Microsoft Downloads site.
HTH

"Anthony" wrote:

> I've recently encountered a problem installing new software.
> It appears to install correctly but then when I go to use it I get the "
> " has encountered a problem and needs to close.
> It's happening with microsoft software so I'm not sure what is going on.
>
> Does anyone have any idea or suggestions on what might be happening?
> I would appreciate anything as it's getting very frustrating.
>
> All current programs are fine.

Anthony, go to Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs and Uninstall it.
Reboot and try reinstalling.
"Anthony" <Anthony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've recently encountered a problem installing new software.
> It appears to install correctly but then when I go to use it I get the "
> " has encountered a problem and needs to close.
> It's happening with microsoft software so I'm not sure what is going on.
>
> Does anyone have any idea or suggestions on what might be happening?
> I would appreciate anything as it's getting very frustrating.
>
> All current programs are fine.

Anthony

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003