Bootvis Driver delay not traced

When I trace "Next Boot + Driver Delays" the "Driver Delay" data is not
captured. The Process Creates data is captured. Any ideas why? This used to
work several months ago. I have built a new system with an AMD64 3400+
processor since the last time I ran Bootvis. Is there a problem with a 64
bit chip and Bootvis?

You will not find bootvis under general Microsoft downloads anymore because
there WERE problems that surfaced after SP1. It is not a supported or
updated application (to the best of my knowledge). That being said, some
still use it without any indication of trouble. Unfortunately, I also am not
one of them!

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

"Rich Bell" <rg_bell@nvbell.net> wrote in message
> When I trace "Next Boot + Driver Delays" the "Driver Delay" data is not
> captured. The Process Creates data is captured. Any ideas why? This used
> to work several months ago. I have built a new system with an AMD64 3400+
> processor since the last time I ran Bootvis. Is there a problem with a 64
> bit chip and Bootvis?

Also see here!
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/system/sysperf/fastboot/bootvis.mspx

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

"Rich Bell" <rg_bell@nvbell.net> wrote in message
> When I trace "Next Boot + Driver Delays" the "Driver Delay" data is not
> captured. The Process Creates data is captured. Any ideas why? This used
> to work several months ago. I have built a new system with an AMD64 3400+
> processor since the last time I ran Bootvis. Is there a problem with a 64
> bit chip and Bootvis?

Jack

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

Bootvis has a new version out that works well so far.

> You will not find bootvis under general Microsoft downloads anymore
> because there WERE problems that surfaced after SP1. It is not a supported
> or updated application (to the best of my knowledge). That being said,
> some still use it without any indication of trouble. Unfortunately, I also
> am not one of them!
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
>
> aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

> "Rich Bell" <rg_bell@nvbell.net> wrote in message
>> When I trace "Next Boot + Driver Delays" the "Driver Delay" data is not
>> captured. The Process Creates data is captured. Any ideas why? This used
>> to work several months ago. I have built a new system with an AMD64 3400+
>> processor since the last time I ran Bootvis. Is there a problem with a 64
>> bit chip and Bootvis?

If you are not a program developer, and are not capable of recoding your
program to eliminate the startup problems IN your program, the utility is
next to useless!

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

Jack wrote:
> Bootvis has a new version out that works well so far.

Where can I get the new version?