Help: Reformat secondary drive which contains XP

jude

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I am trying to reformat a secondary hard drive which has Windows XP Pro
installed on one of its partitions. This secondary drive is not my C:
drive -- it is an older disk that I want to run as a secondary drive,
but it happens to contain an installation of Windows XP. How can I
reformat it? I do have an XP Pro Install disk.

Your assitance is greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Boot from the XP CD and do it from there. You may have to change the boot
order in the BIOS.

<jude@iname.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to reformat a secondary hard drive which has Windows XP Pro
> installed on one of its partitions. This secondary drive is not my C:
> drive -- it is an older disk that I want to run as a secondary drive,
> but it happens to contain an installation of Windows XP. How can I
> reformat it? I do have an XP Pro Install disk.
>
> Your assitance is greatly appreciated!
>
> Thank you.

jude

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I set the boot order to boot from CD ROM first. When I restart it
gives me the option to hit any key to boot from CD. When I do that it
goes into the Windows setup screens but it only gives me three options:

1. Install Windows
2. Repair Windows
3. Exit

How do I reformat the secondary hard drive from there?

Thanks again.

Jude;
Your post is not really clear.
You state Windows XP is installed on a partition on the secondary drive.
Is Windows XP also installed on the C drive and you want to remove Windows
XP from the secondary drive?
If so, use Disk Management:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=309000

--