DirectX 9.0c Problem

Hi there,

Was installing "Robots" game on Win XP SP2 system (all updated applied).
There was a power fluctuation and the computer re-booted before the install
of this game completed. So, removed it (Add/Remove), re-booted,
re-installed. At the end of this install, there was another power
fluctuation and the DirectX may or may not have installed properly. These
two "power blips" affected other things in house, so not confined to just
computer.

When I run this game which requires that Disk 1 (of 2) be in the CD-RW or
DVD drive the game begins with opening credits, and then the screen goes
blank, the monitor and everything go off and the system re-boots.

Tried uninstalling game again, and re-install, but same problem. Is it
likely that DirectX is the cause? I looked in the Add/Remove programs but
couldn't see it anywhere in Programs or Windows Components so am not sure how
I should proceed.

Would a System Restore to an earlier time be appropriate (to just before the
install of game and DirectX? What should be done in order to remove and
re-install both game and DirectX?

This was an odd thing to happen. I'd appreciate any help you can offer.

Thanks so much!
--
Lynn Q

For xp SP2 thier is no direct x download,9.0c is for SP1 or earlier,try going
to run,type:DXDIAG Run the direct x utility.Also,try running: CHKDSK C: /F
from cmd prompt.