ActiveX problem

Does anyone please have any idea why ActiveX won't load and also frequently
getting 'This page cannot be displayed etc'
I am trying to perform various tests on a laptop. SP2 is not installed, the
laptop owner removd it. I have checked security settings and all seems to be
in order. The PCPitstop and Norton tests I want to do require ActiveX. Any
help is much appreciated. Also what is Alexa and should I get rid of it?

When in Internet Explorer>select Tools>Internet Options>Security. Set all
four zones to Default.