Sign in with
Your question

Battlefield3 keeps crashing when loading?

Last response: in Video Games
January 22, 2012 8:38:36 AM

Hi, when I'm loading BF3 to play online, my computer suddenly crashes to black screen. Sometimes when it crashes the cpu fan goes so loud so I checked the temperature as I load the game. The temp hits 50 Celsius and crash to black screen again. I have no clue what is going on. Please somebody help me.

My computer is..

Running on Window 7 64 bit
Inter I7-2600K
Nvida Geforce GTX 560
Asus P8Z68-V pro
12Gb of Corsair Vengence (ram)
120G of Corsair Force GT SSD
January 22, 2012 6:55:30 PM

coolglen said:
Hi, when I'm loading BF3 to play online, my computer suddenly crashes to black screen. Sometimes when it crashes the cpu fan goes so loud so I checked the temperature as I load the game. The temp hits 50 Celsius and crash to black screen again. I have no clue what is going on. Please somebody help me.

My computer is..

Running on Window 7 64 bit
Inter I7-2600K
Nvida Geforce GTX 560
Asus P8Z68-V pro
12Gb of Corsair Vengence (ram)
120G of Corsair Force GT SSD

Try uninstalling and reinstalling everything. What I mean by that is undownload Origin and Battlefield 3 completely (becareful sometimes Battlefield doesn't completely uninstal which means you have to hunt down the extra file) then redownload it. If that doesn't work contact Origin they will help you.
m
l
January 22, 2012 9:06:10 PM

it looks like you have ram from an older i series cpu and if thats the case your ram is probably causing problems. its probably 1.65 volt ram and i accidently ordered that voltage ram once and it cause all kinds of problems just like that.
m
l
Related resources
January 23, 2012 1:15:47 AM

cbrunnem said:
it looks like you have ram from an older i series cpu and if thats the case your ram is probably causing problems. its probably 1.65 volt ram and i accidently ordered that voltage ram once and it cause all kinds of problems just like that.

I checked the frequency and the spec of the RAM. I think it was design for the second gen intel cores. The ram has 1600hz frequency which fits into the motherboard too
m
l
January 23, 2012 1:31:02 AM

coolglen said:
I checked the frequency and the spec of the RAM. I think it was design for the second gen intel cores. The ram has 1600hz frequency which fits into the motherboard too

well what is the voltage that it is rated for? and why do you have 12gb? that will run in single channel mode and be slower.
m
l
January 23, 2012 1:37:19 AM

cbrunnem said:
well what is the voltage that it is rated for? and why do you have 12gb? that will run in single channel mode and be slower.

the voltage is 1.5V and I have 3 ram card that are 4Gb each
m
l
January 23, 2012 1:45:37 AM

Remove one of those sticks, and find your motherboard manual --> find the section about ram installation and see how you install the two, so they run dualchannel (It's most likely Dimm slot A1 and B1, but this depends on maker and model). The third stick is slowing everything down for you atm.
m
l
January 23, 2012 3:39:33 AM

chriscornell said:
Remove one of those sticks, and find your motherboard manual --> find the section about ram installation and see how you install the two, so they run dualchannel (It's most likely Dimm slot A1 and B1, but this depends on maker and model). The third stick is slowing everything down for you atm.

I did it. Thanks for the info
m
l
!