Thermaltake Chassis Has Top-Mounted HDD Dock

Status
Not open for further replies.

rand_79

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2009
Featuring a stylish metal-mesh front, the DOKKER chassis supports up to 7 installed fans and up to 10 HDDs using anti-vibration drive bays. The chassis comes packed with a 1300 RPM, 120-cm blue LED fan located at the rear top, however five more optional fans can be mounted on the top and back, and another fan can be mounted on the left side for additional graphics card cooling.

120CM? thats one big fan...

G

The Cooler Master 690 II is better than this and it too has a hard drive dock.

wotan31

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
Seems pretty pointless. Just another gimmick. Hot-swap drive bay sleds have been available for more than 20 years, since the mid 1980's at least. They consume one 5.25" drive bay, but so what, a full tower case has 6 or more such bays. Further, the only reason you'd need to hot-swap a drive, is when you're replacing members of a RAID set, but with only a single hot-swap bay on this new case, RAID isn't even an option. Lastly, if your needs call for only a single removable drive, why not just use an external? Firewire 800 or eSata? Sorry, but case just screams of marketing gimmick to me.

theshonen8899

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
I still remember my very first build had a Thermaltake Tsunami. That was a great case...back when they actually had removable hard drive bays to fit larger graphics cards -_-"

thorkle

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
[citation][nom]wotan31[/nom]Seems pretty pointless. Just another gimmick. Hot-swap drive bay sleds have been available for more than 20 years, since the mid 1980's at least. They consume one 5.25" drive bay, but so what, a full tower case has 6 or more such bays. Further, the only reason you'd need to hot-swap a drive, is when you're replacing members of a RAID set, but with only a single hot-swap bay on this new case, RAID isn't even an option. Lastly, if your needs call for only a single removable drive, why not just use an external? Firewire 800 or eSata? Sorry, but case just screams of marketing gimmick to me.[/citation]
I happen to have a lot of hard drives that I just swap in and out of my usb dock, it is a lot cheaper than getting external enclosures for each. It has its uses for cleaning up other peoples hard drives as well, since you can boot off of your computer. You don't need to use their old sloppy hard drive's os this way. It can be very useful outside of RAID situations, but not necessary for the most part.

G

This case does look a lot like CM 690 II which the top-loading dock. No news here at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.