Sign in with
Your question

STEAM, how to install games on 2 diffeent hard dives?

Tags:
  • PC gaming
  • SSD
  • Games
  • Steam
  • Hard Drives
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
January 22, 2012 1:07:00 PM

Ok so I just built my pc :)  these are specs:
i5-2500k
SSD 120 corsar (OS win 7 64bit)
500G harddrive (storge)
6970 gpu
ect

Now the only thing i cant do for some reason is install some games on the 500G and some on the SSD. Its B.C of $$$*** steam. (your chose of words :pt1cable:  )

Is there a work around? I would like to have several games on the SSD, say BB3, Shogun 2, StarCraft2, Guild wars or Starwars MMO) but want to save SSD for when i am doing online gamming. The HDD should be just for game like Shogun 2 or Naplon total war and Civ 5. Right now i have steam installed on SSD, and b.c of this i can not install anything on 500G do not get the option...

More about : steam install games diffeent hard dives

January 22, 2012 3:08:23 PM

Nope Valve made the most ridiculous choice when they decided that users shouldn't be allowed to specify where their Steam library of games is placed.

By default all of your Steam games are installed on the same disk as the Steam program itself - You cannot change this.

This, and the annoying reset of pages when you go forth and back in the Steam interface, is my two biggest issues with Valve's system.
m
l
Related resources
January 22, 2012 3:27:07 PM

No shame, that's a pretty obscure trick. Really handy though :) 
m
l
January 23, 2012 2:08:03 AM

ok thank you guys!!!! now i can rest easy so to speak. :) 
m
l
December 22, 2012 11:14:24 AM

I detest the constant regular updates whenever Steam is started. It is putting me off Steam. I should not have bought anything attached to Steam.
m
l
!