slow slow slow

i've tried everything possible i think, can someone help me please
3 answers Last reply
More about slow slow slow

    Try eating more protein based foods that will give your body the energy it
    needs to be faster..faster..faster
    or did you mean that you are in possession of a computer that is slow????
    peterk

    safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in
    sideways, chocolate in one hand, margarita in the other, body thoroughly
    used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"
    "Mr Slow" <Mr Slow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > i've tried everything possible i think, can someone help me please

    Slow computer
    http://www.microsoft.com/AtWork/getstarted/speed.mspx
    4 Ways to Speed Up Your Computer's Performance

    "Mr Slow" <Mr Slow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > i've tried everything possible i think, can someone help me please

    Poor system performance can be the result of a single problem or a
    combination of factors. Listed
    below are issues, which you may wish to examine if you are experiencing
    poor performance after
    the boot process has completed. Some items may help with slow starting
    of Windows XP but the
    list has not been prepared for tackling that problem. Work through the
    list until you achieve an
    acceptable result.

    Regular and effective housekeeping is essential. What you do and how
    often you do it will depend
    on how you use your computer. A suggested routine may include:

    1. In Outlook Express empty your Deleted Items folder.
    2. In Outlook Express run File, Folder, Compact All whilst OFFLINE.
    3. Run Disk Cleanup. Start, Programs, Accessories, System Tools, Disk
    Cleanup with
    Temporary Internet Files, Offline Web Pages (optional), System Restore
    ( more Options tab )
    and Recycle Bin selected for deletion. If you have more than one drive /
    partition you may
    need to do this operation for each drive / partition.
    4. Remove Cookies. Start, Control Panel, Internet Options, General,
    Delete Cookies.
    5. Run Disk Defragmenter.

    Check whether you could reduce the number of days the History of sites
    visited is retained. Start,
    Control Panel, Internet Options, General, History.

    Spyware causes many problems. If not installed download Adaware and / or
    update Reference file
    from http://www.lavasoftusa.com/support/download/ and use it to remove
    parasites. If Spyware
    persists as a problem try a Hosts file.
    http://www.accs-net.com/hosts/what_is_hosts.html

    Slow performance resulting from insufficient memory, causing over
    reliance on virtual memory,
    may be especially noticed by those upgrading to Windows XP from an
    earlier version of Windows.
    Windows XP will run with 64 MB of RAM memory. However, a minimum of 256
    MB is
    recommended and many users will recommend 512 MB. You may check on
    pagefile (virtual
    memory) usage with Page File Monitor for XP:
    http://www.dougknox.com/

    Check how much free space you have on the hard drive / partition where
    your pagefile is located.
    You need a minimum of 15% but 20% or more is better.

    Check your setting for the Indexing Service. Start, Administrative
    Tools, Services, Indexing
    Service. The default setting is Manual. Check that it is not running.
    More information here:
    http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/service411.htm#Indexing_Service
    You can have too many programmes running in the background. Close
    programmes/windows after
    use. Check whether all the programmes loading when Windows is started
    are really necessary.
    http://aumha.org/a/loads.htm

    Check whether you can identify slow performance with a particular
    programme. Look in Google to
    see whether others have encountered the same problem and found a
    solution.
    http://groups.google.com/

    Are there any error messages in Event Viewer? You can access Event
    Viewer by selecting Start,
    Administrative Tools, and Event Viewer. When researching the meaning of
    the error, information
    regarding Event ID: and Source Description is important.
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308427&Product=winxp

    ~~~~~~

    Hope this helps.

    Gerry
    FCA

    Stourport, Worcs, England
    Enquire, plan and execute.

    "Mr Slow" <Mr Slow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > i've tried everything possible i think, can someone help me please

Microsoft Windows XP