File lists are displayed reversed

recently my file lists are all displayed in reverse order when using windows
explorer, or anything which requires me to view the contents of my files in
my hard drive.
I can click the details view, then click on the file name column header to
change the display to A-Z but how can I set windows up to do this by default
as it is supposed to be?

HELP!!

Have you tried
Tools
Folder Options
View
Apply to all folders

Once you have it set to what you want????????
peterk

safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in
sideways, chocolate in one hand, margarita in the other, body thoroughly
used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"
"Dbellis@rogers.com" <Dbellis@rogers.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:D6832C2F-A713-4395-9FCF-297C4F32FFA5@microsoft.com...
> recently my file lists are all displayed in reverse order when using
> windows
> explorer, or anything which requires me to view the contents of my files
> in
> my hard drive.
> I can click the details view, then click on the file name column header to
> change the display to A-Z but how can I set windows up to do this by
> default
> as it is supposed to be?
>
> HELP!!

yes. I tried that. I think there is something wrong with my windows in
general.. Damned Service Pack 2, it has been nothing but grief, and even
trying to UNinstall it caused more problems.