Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Logitech F510 Mame Arggg.

Last response: in Video Games
January 22, 2012 5:53:11 PM

I used to have a 10 dollar pad that I could finish super sprint on one "quarter". When I went to Logitech's site I thought I would have a million (30) or so game pads to choose from. Same thing when I walked into the box stores. Not the case.

Is there a semi consensus on the Best controller that works and does not need a lot of jerryrigging hunting for drivers Win7 64bit friendly controller. It is $35 for the F510 should I just buy this. I keep getting loopback feedback telling me to get a xbox 360 wired/wireless and do this and that and buy this receiver from here and there. ARGGG.
January 22, 2012 9:06:21 PM

sturedman said:
I used to have a 10 dollar pad that I could finish super sprint on one "quarter". When I went to Logitech's site I thought I would have a million (30) or so game pads to choose from. Same thing when I walked into the box stores. Not the case.

Is there a semi consensus on the Best controller that works and does not need a lot of jerryrigging hunting for drivers Win7 64bit friendly controller. It is $35 for the F510 should I just buy this. I keep getting loopback feedback telling me to get a xbox 360 wired/wireless and do this and that and buy this receiver from here and there. ARGGG.

Do yourself a favor and get a Xbox game pad the F510/710 sucks while using mame.

Best solution

January 22, 2012 10:56:07 PM

I just bought the 24 dollar logitech usb controller (forget the name, it's the blue cheaper version of what you're talking about). I hate to admit this, because generally speaking everything I have ever owned from Logitech (except my driving force pro) has been complete garbage. Their keyboards are junk and overpriced, their mice barring the g400 have awful sensors and terrible longevity, their headsets break religiously within 12 months. Overall the company has just evolved into complete garbage as they stick more and more "gaming" monikers on everything.

With all of that said, the cheapo 24 dollar controller is actually very good. I'd say skip the 35 dollar rumblestick crap and just get that. The Dpad is nice in street fighter 4 (shouriyuken moves are easily executed, dunno about dash characters) and it's good in Sonic Generations. I begrudgingly admit the controller is suitably decent for its price.

The xbox controller is horrendous for 1 simple reason: it has the worst D-pad in the history of video game controllers. It literally makes the atari jaguar controller look svelt and accurate. Since you want a controller for some PC gaming (emulators, classic games such as the new sonic etc) you are probably interested primarily in a D pad over stick. I have to tell you that Xbox 360 controller tried to copy what the Dreamcast did, and failed on every step of the way.
Related resources
January 23, 2012 1:38:21 AM

Wired Xbox 360 controller.

The best gamepad on the market, fully compatible with Windows and most games that support controllers.

And if you buy the wired one, it comes with a USB converter plug, so no reciever is needed and the cable is around 7-8 feet(2,5 meters) long.
January 23, 2012 1:46:07 AM

I am going to buy a logitech for $hits and giggles to try. I had a great one in the past and I will chuck 35.00 their way instead of trying a console device. If it totally sucks I think I will have a 15% restocking fee. Thanks for advice/experience.
January 23, 2012 7:50:57 AM

This next topics has been merged by Mousemonkey
  • Gamepad controller mame.
    February 2, 2012 12:08:44 AM

Best answer selected by sturedman.
    February 2, 2012 2:25:32 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
    !