EQ1 - Paladin weapon upgrades

lvl 50

1hb Mace of the Fallen Crusader

1hs Ghoulbane/Razor-edged Shan'Tok

shield Sarnak Battle Shield

2hb none

2hs War Marshall's Bladed Staff

My 2hs is not bad (I think), nor is my 1hb. But my 1hs sure could use
an upgrade I'm thinking and a decent 2hb would round it out.

What are today's upgrades to the above, for 10k or under?

Thanks.

~F

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 03:25:28 GMT, Faeandar <mr_castalot@yahoo.com> wrote:

>lvl 50
>
>1hb Mace of the Fallen Crusader
>
>1hs Ghoulbane/Razor-edged Shan'Tok
>
>shield Sarnak Battle Shield
>
>2hb none
>
>2hs War Marshall's Bladed Staff

IMO your 2HS is perfect, you'll be very happy with this all the way to 60. WMBS is no
longer the top tradable 2HS, but it's (I think) only 4 from the top ;->

The top tradeable (but unfortunately attuneable) 2HS for Knights appears to be Edge of
Envelopment, which is a rare drop off of Chimera Deathbringer in WoS. Average Bazaar
price on these bad boys seems to be around 50k. The recommended level of 66 means that,
at 50, you should wait a while before wielding it. I have an EoE @ 60, and honestly my
DPS is not all that much better than what I was doing with my WMBS.

For 1HS, consider Blade of Disruption. I've been seeing them for as little as 9k in the
Bazaar. One of those, with the SBS (or Tae Ew Shield @ 51), makes for damn near 2HS DPS,
and you can still bash! Watch the proc though - if you're on a raid where you're not MT,
a wayward stun too early in the battle could get you aggro. The recommended level
shouldn't slow you down too much, compared to the output of your existing 1HS weapons.

For 2HB, consider Devastating Maul. Should be nicely affordable and works like a champ.

Make sure that you get your weapon skills up to your level cap for maximum efficiency. I
suggest that you camp Erandi Natasu, by the little pool on the way to the Hole in the
Paineel newbie area. He is level 40, but interestingly enough should con high blue to you
at 50, drops nothing, hits like a complete wuss, has a short respawn timer, and gives
great skillup experience.

Best regards,

Tim ==

(substitute 'tcsys.com' for 'nospam.co.uk')
_________________

Seeq Endestroi
Paladin of Mithanial Marr, The Rathe
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=507035

Grave Wisdom / Grave Intentions (a Rathe guild)
http://www.gravewisdom.com

Visit the Surrender Dorothy web ! (http://dorothyrocks.com)
Visit the Crunch Monkey web ! (http://crunchmonkey.com)

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 10:32:24 -0600, Seeq Endestroi
<seeq@tcsys.nospam.co.uk> wrote:

>On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 03:25:28 GMT, Faeandar <mr_castalot@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>lvl 50
>>
>>1hb Mace of the Fallen Crusader
>>
>>1hs Ghoulbane/Razor-edged Shan'Tok
>>
>>shield Sarnak Battle Shield
>>
>>2hb none
>>
>>2hs War Marshall's Bladed Staff
>
>IMO your 2HS is perfect, you'll be very happy with this all the way to 60. WMBS is no
>longer the top tradable 2HS, but it's (I think) only 4 from the top ;->
>
>The top tradeable (but unfortunately attuneable) 2HS for Knights appears to be Edge of
>Envelopment, which is a rare drop off of Chimera Deathbringer in WoS. Average Bazaar
>price on these bad boys seems to be around 50k. The recommended level of 66 means that,
>at 50, you should wait a while before wielding it. I have an EoE @ 60, and honestly my
>DPS is not all that much better than what I was doing with my WMBS.
>
>For 1HS, consider Blade of Disruption. I've been seeing them for as little as 9k in the
>Bazaar. One of those, with the SBS (or Tae Ew Shield @ 51), makes for damn near 2HS DPS,
>and you can still bash! Watch the proc though - if you're on a raid where you're not MT,
>a wayward stun too early in the battle could get you aggro. The recommended level
>shouldn't slow you down too much, compared to the output of your existing 1HS weapons.
>
>For 2HB, consider Devastating Maul. Should be nicely affordable and works like a champ.
>
>Make sure that you get your weapon skills up to your level cap for maximum efficiency. I
>suggest that you camp Erandi Natasu, by the little pool on the way to the Hole in the
>Paineel newbie area. He is level 40, but interestingly enough should con high blue to you
>at 50, drops nothing, hits like a complete wuss, has a short respawn timer, and gives
>great skillup experience.
>
>Best regards,
>
>Tim ==

Thanks for the input, I'll look into those weapons and stick with my
WMBS for now.

My 2hs and 1hb are both 200, 1hs is 179 and 2hb is 105. I just turned
50 so those skills were capped until last week. I used Erandi to get
my 1hs and 2hb to 100 back in the 30's but didn;t think to use him
now. Figured I'd kill him too fast for any real skillup attempts.

Thanks again.

~F