Replacement for Moto V60?

Hi,

I'm thinking of taking VZW up on their New Every Two offer. I currently have
a V60i that I love. However, I am willing to trade it in for a phone with a
camera and all of the bells and whistles provided it gets as good of
reception/clarity as the V60.

Any suggestions? I was looking at the Samsung a670 and the Moto V265.

TIA
6 answers Last reply
More about replacement moto

    Jumpy Geathers wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm thinking of taking VZW up on their New Every Two offer. I currently have
    > a V60i that I love. However, I am willing to trade it in for a phone with a
    > camera and all of the bells and whistles provided it gets as good of
    > reception/clarity as the V60.
    >
    > Any suggestions? I was looking at the Samsung a670 and the Moto V265.
    >
    > TIA

    V265 Works similar to (it is a moto) V60. Has a fair camera, very good
    reception, good speakerphone and will voice dial better than V60.
    Don't forget you get a 15 day trial.

    LB

    Wife loves her v265 (which replaced her v60i). Only thing I really dislike
    is the plastic case (vs. the v60).

    Dean
    <LB@notmine.com> wrote in message news:41E70584.9ED4B497@optonline.net...
    > Jumpy Geathers wrote:
    > >
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I'm thinking of taking VZW up on their New Every Two offer. I currently
    have
    > > a V60i that I love. However, I am willing to trade it in for a phone
    with a
    > > camera and all of the bells and whistles provided it gets as good of
    > > reception/clarity as the V60.
    > >
    > > Any suggestions? I was looking at the Samsung a670 and the Moto V265.
    > >
    > > TIA
    >
    > V265 Works similar to (it is a moto) V60. Has a fair camera, very good
    > reception, good speakerphone and will voice dial better than V60.
    > Don't forget you get a 15 day trial.
    >
    > LB

    Take a good look at the Samsung. I'm a previous Motorola owner and was
    hesitant to make the switch, but I couldn't be happier with my
    A670--especially with its 1X data capabilities!!! Nothing will ever be as
    bombproof as my old StarTac, but the ability to get my laptop online with no
    charge other than minutes of use is soooo worth it!

    "Jumpy Geathers" <jumpyg@twmi.rr.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm thinking of taking VZW up on their New Every Two offer. I currently
    > have a V60i that I love. However, I am willing to trade it in for a phone
    > with a camera and all of the bells and whistles provided it gets as good
    > of reception/clarity as the V60.
    >
    > Any suggestions? I was looking at the Samsung a670 and the Moto V265.
    >
    > TIA

    On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 16:22:48 -0500, "Ellery Davies"
    <See-Reply-Addr@Nospam.com> wrote:

    > Also note: Verizon has forced Motorola to cripple many bluetooth
    >functions. You can use it *ONLY* for a wireless headset, to enable the
    >in-car display/speakerphone (certain autos only), or as a wireless PC
    >dial-up modem (at 14.4kbps), but you are prevented from transferring photos,
    >synching your phone-list, downloading music clips or background images from
    >your PC. Verizon wants you to send these things over their network.

    One correction - the v710 DOES support VZW's 1XRTT data, the step
    between QNC and EVDO. Data speeds range generally 50-80kbps, with
    bursts to 144kbps.

    Mike

    17-Jan-2005, From "Ellery Davies" <Ellery (at) StarBus (dot) com>

    GOOD CATCH, MIKE!! Absolutely correct. Thanks for the correction.

    Another self-correction. The speed of EVDO is more like 2nd tier DSL...
    Definitely not quite as good as most home cable speeds, but perhaps 0.5Mbps.

    What is the Verizon's cost structure for 1XRTT? Can I still make the
    PC-phone connection via bluetooth without degrading the overall throughput
    to VZW?.
    _____________

    "Mike" <inundated9@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 16:22:48 -0500, "Ellery Davies"
    > <See-Reply-Addr@Nospam.com> wrote:
    >
    >> Also note: Verizon has forced Motorola to cripple many bluetooth
    >>functions. You can use it *ONLY* for a wireless headset, to enable the
    >>in-car display/speakerphone (certain autos only), or as a wireless PC
    >>dial-up modem (at 14.4kbps), but you are prevented from transferring
    >>photos,
    >>synching your phone-list, downloading music clips or background images
    >>from
    >>your PC. Verizon wants you to send these things over their network.
    >
    > One correction - the v710 DOES support VZW's 1XRTT data, the step
    > between QNC and EVDO. Data speeds range generally 50-80kbps, with
    > bursts to 144kbps.
    >
    > Mike

    On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 18:41:38 -0500, "Ellery Davies"
    <See-Reply-Addr@Nospam.com> wrote:

    >What is the Verizon's cost structure for 1XRTT? Can I still make the
    >PC-phone connection via bluetooth without degrading the overall throughput
    >to VZW?.

    It works fine...the speed of 1XRTT is more than within what the
    Bluetooth connection can push between the phone and PC.

    Cost? I have the unlimited $79 a month plan, because I travel a lot
    and use it a lot. But most folks' existing America's Choice plans
    include what's known as "NationalAccess MOU" (for "Minutes of Use"),
    which basically lets you use the connection just by using cell phone
    minutes.

    Whether that's what VZW intended, whether it will work for everyone,
    etc. has been discussed to death in this newsgroup over the past 2
    years...do a search for "MOU" in any archive of this group (i.e.
    Google Groups, etc.).

    Look at your bill, either in person or online...if it has
    "NationalAccess" on it, you probably already have it.

    Mike

Verizon Internet Service Providers