how to fix antivirus program so it dosent affect system re..

May 24, 2005 2:36:08 PM

i have xp home edition service pack 2 and I also have norton systemworks 2005
well the antivirus program is messing with my system restore points,so
several times now I've needed to use a restore point and my computer will not
restore. How do I fix this?
May 24, 2005 9:14:54 PM

Rhiannon wrote:
> i have xp home edition service pack 2 and I also have norton
> systemworks 2005 well the antivirus program is messing with my system
> restore points,so several times now I've needed to use a restore
> point and my computer will not restore. How do I fix this?

How do you know that it's your AV doing this?

--
Mike Pawlak
Anonymous

Ask Symantec. Help with NSW is available from www.symantec.com.

--
(tm)
ICQ: 192649233

Norton SW 2005 will not block or alter your restore points. I do not know
why you think it would, but it does not. I have SW2005 installed on all the
computers in my home and it does not affect the restore process on any of
them. I have used SW since the early days, and it has never created any
conflicts with Windows processes.

Bobby

"Thorsten Matzner" <tmatzner@gmx.net> wrote in message
> "Rhiannon" <Rhiannon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>i have xp home edition service pack 2 and I also have norton systemworks
>>2005
>>well the antivirus program is messing with my system restore points,so
>>several times now I've needed to use a restore point and my computer will
>>not
>>restore. How do I fix this?
>
> Ask Symantec. Help with NSW is available from www.symantec.com.
>
> --