how to fix antivirus program so it dosent affect system re..

i have xp home edition service pack 2 and I also have norton systemworks 2005
well the antivirus program is messing with my system restore points,so
several times now I've needed to use a restore point and my computer will not
restore. How do I fix this?
4 answers Last reply
More about antivirus program dosent affect system

    Rhiannon wrote:
    > i have xp home edition service pack 2 and I also have norton
    > systemworks 2005 well the antivirus program is messing with my system
    > restore points,so several times now I've needed to use a restore
    > point and my computer will not restore. How do I fix this?

    How do you know that it's your AV doing this?

    --
    Mike Pawlak

    Ask Symantec. Help with NSW is available from www.symantec.com.

    --
    (tm)
    ICQ: 192649233

    Norton SW 2005 will not block or alter your restore points. I do not know
    why you think it would, but it does not. I have SW2005 installed on all the
    computers in my home and it does not affect the restore process on any of
    them. I have used SW since the early days, and it has never created any
    conflicts with Windows processes.

    Bobby

    "Rhiannon" wrote:

    > i have xp home edition service pack 2 and I also have norton systemworks 2005
    > well the antivirus program is messing with my system restore points,so
    > several times now I've needed to use a restore point and my computer will not
    > restore. How do I fix this?

Antivirus Windows XP