EQ2: Making money

What's the best way to make money in this game? I see people my
levelling riding horse but I don't have anything like that amount of
money in my bank.

So, do people get their money from adventuring or crafting? And if so
which line of crafting. Someone mentioned alchemy as a good moneymaker.
I know everyone needs washes/resin etc but surely you can buy them from
the NPC seller? Plus having an alt to make it isn't too hard for
people to do.

"BombayMix" <bombaymix@altavista.co.uk> wrote in message
> What's the best way to make money in this game? I see people my
> levelling riding horse but I don't have anything like that amount of
> money in my bank.

When you see them, click them and see if they are a Paladin..... Paladin's
get Holy Steed at level 20.

> So, do people get their money from adventuring or crafting? And if so
> which line of crafting. Someone mentioned alchemy as a good moneymaker.
> I know everyone needs washes/resin etc but surely you can buy them from
> the NPC seller? Plus having an alt to make it isn't too hard for
> people to do.

I'm trying to figure that out myself, lol.

Bcarshaman
Steamfont

BombayMix wrote:
> What's the best way to make money in this game? I see people my
> levelling riding horse but I don't have anything like that amount of
> money in my bank.
>
> So, do people get their money from adventuring or crafting? And if so
> which line of crafting. Someone mentioned alchemy as a good
moneymaker.
> I know everyone needs washes/resin etc but surely you can buy them
from
> the NPC seller? Plus having an alt to make it isn't too hard for
> people to do.

Paladins and Shadowknights each get a horse at Level 20. Those are
probably what you are seeing, although more people are nearing the 'buy
a horse' bankroll.

The way I make most of my money is by adventuring. The loot you get
from certain areas (RoV, RE, RV) sells for great prices right to a
vendor. Some of the stuff that I managed to win off of named
encounters goes for up to 4g+ (Opulescent Kite Shield, or something
similar), and that is just stuff that I can't upgrade to eventually (I
actually gave that shield to a friend instead of selling it, but you
get the idea). I just go, hang out in a group there, then when I am
ready to call it quits, call back and sell my stuff to the vendor that
is right in front of me. It also helps me manage my inventory space ;)

The other way is through selling the resources I gather while tooling
around in higher areas (EL, RV). If I have a bunch of resources and
want to open up some inventory space, I'll check the brokers for the
current prices, and then usually undercut them by a bit. If I have
some extra food/drink I will do the same thing.

Here's a (relatively) quick way to make some cash.

You know all those book quests (in the mage tower in SQ, not sure in
Freeport) . . . after you complete the quest, which is usually a 10 step
process of killing stuff that you are probably hunting anyway, you can sell
the completed book back to a vendor for a really nice price. I just
finished 'The Three Keys Part 1" and sold the book back for 1.5G (that's G
for gold!). I also finished the two Miner's Guides and sold them for about
60s each.

Unless you want to keep the book to put on you bookshelf (which no one will
see and/or care about) sell 'em back!

LoonBoon

"bcarshaman" <everquest@wiselogel.com> wrote in message

> "BombayMix" <bombaymix@altavista.co.uk> wrote in message
>> What's the best way to make money in this game? I see people my
>> levelling riding horse but I don't have anything like that amount of
>> money in my bank.
>>

> When you see them, click them and see if they are a Paladin..... Paladin's
> get Holy Steed at level 20.
>

>> So, do people get their money from adventuring or crafting? And if so
>> which line of crafting. Someone mentioned alchemy as a good moneymaker.
>> I know everyone needs washes/resin etc but surely you can buy them from
>> the NPC seller? Plus having an alt to make it isn't too hard for
>> people to do.
>>

> I'm trying to figure that out myself, lol.
>
> Bcarshaman
> Steamfont

"BombayMix" <bombaymix@altavista.co.uk> wrote in message
> What's the best way to make money in this game? I see people my
> levelling riding horse but I don't have anything like that amount of
> money in my bank.
>
> So, do people get their money from adventuring or crafting? And if so
> which line of crafting. Someone mentioned alchemy as a good moneymaker.
> I know everyone needs washes/resin etc but surely you can buy them from
> the NPC seller? Plus having an alt to make it isn't too hard for
> people to do.

I get all my money fom crafting. I have 1 main character; and two crafting
alts to back him up. I usually sell items such as maple staves, maple strong
boxes, armour (normally failed attempts at pristine).