Need Your Help: SDDM12 -- what is it?..

I turned on my computer and a window popped up "Found new hardware wizard"
SDDM12. Then it said I need to put in the installation disc, which I did.
Then it said the installation software not found... I cancelled and
re-started. Same thing. Now it all happens every time I turn on my
computer. I am quite lost. This has never come up before. What is it?..
Thanks.
3 answers Last reply
More about need help sddm12

    SDDM12 = Secure Digital Disk Media

    Did you or someone else plug in a digital camera/memory card or
    something like that?

    Next time it pops up, dont cancel it, installation software is not
    found, the OS will put in under non-identified items and popup should
    stop.

    Mark Shell wrote:
    > I turned on my computer and a window popped up "Found new hardware wizard"
    > SDDM12. Then it said I need to put in the installation disc, which I did.
    > Then it said the installation software not found... I cancelled and
    > re-started. Same thing. Now it all happens every time I turn on my
    > computer. I am quite lost. This has never come up before. What is it?..
    > Thanks.

    The exact same thing happened when I turned on my laptop this morning.
    Two days ago when I turned it on, no message. I haven't touched it
    at all since then, so there shouldn't be any reason (on my end) for
    this message to come up. Should I be concerned about it? Does
    anyone know what it is or how it got here?

    Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions :)
    -PPG-

    http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=sw_dellsup&message.id=431

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:DqadnRQgrsrUGJ_eRVn_vQ@giganews.com,
    pinkpinkgiraffe <pinkpinkgiraffe@satx.rr-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> hunted and
    pecked:
    > The exact same thing happened when I turned on my laptop this morning.
    > Two days ago when I turned it on, no message. I haven't touched it
    > at all since then, so there shouldn't be any reason (on my end) for
    > this message to come up. Should I be concerned about it? Does
    > anyone know what it is or how it got here?
    >
    > Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions :)
    > -PPG-

Computers Microsoft Windows XP