Need Your Help: SDDM12 -- what is it?..

May 25, 2005 1:40:31 PM

I turned on my computer and a window popped up "Found new hardware wizard"
SDDM12. Then it said I need to put in the installation disc, which I did.
Then it said the installation software not found... I cancelled and
re-started. Same thing. Now it all happens every time I turn on my
computer. I am quite lost. This has never come up before. What is it?..
Thanks.

More about : sddm12

Anonymous
May 25, 2005 2:33:12 PM

SDDM12 = Secure Digital Disk Media

Did you or someone else plug in a digital camera/memory card or
something like that?

Next time it pops up, dont cancel it, installation software is not
found, the OS will put in under non-identified items and popup should
stop.

Mark Shell wrote:
> I turned on my computer and a window popped up "Found new hardware wizard"
> SDDM12. Then it said I need to put in the installation disc, which I did.
> Then it said the installation software not found... I cancelled and
> re-started. Same thing. Now it all happens every time I turn on my
> computer. I am quite lost. This has never come up before. What is it?..
> Thanks.
Anonymous
August 16, 2005 11:31:05 PM

The exact same thing happened when I turned on my laptop this morning.
Two days ago when I turned it on, no message. I haven't touched it
at all since then, so there shouldn't be any reason (on my end) for
this message to come up. Should I be concerned about it? Does
anyone know what it is or how it got here?

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions :)
-PPG-
Anonymous
August 17, 2005 3:55:50 PM

http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/board/message?b...