i5-2500k
8G Corsar Vengence
XFX 6970 2G (ati)
ASUS P867 Pro
120G SSD Corsar 3 (OS and games)
500G hard Drive (storage and games)
OS windows 7 ultimit 64bit
850W OCZ

So I installed skyrim on my SSD and there is no wait time at all. the load screen pops up and then its game time. So its working for Skyrim.

Installed Shogun 2 and then moved it to the hard drive right off the bat by accadent, then move it back to SSD thing is the load times are reduces. when the game loads up takes 20-40sec to get past 1st screen (the one where it just has the big yellow box and stuff.) then the ingame loads for battles take like 10sec or more (could time them but to depressed lol)
My question is, is this normal? even for the SSD on this game? OR should i reinstall cause somehow things got messed up?

Also the question about SC2 should that go on the SSD or the Hard drive? Also My brother has the game and gave it to me to install but he has allready registared on battle net, does that mean that i can not play on battle net even though he has 2 more pc uses on the game?

Ps. sorry about poor spelling just made pc and do not have a Word Proccesor on it yet, any good free ones anyone could sugjest?

thanks

Gothams Finest

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2011
I have never run Shogun 2 on my SSD before, however on my HDD (Spinpoint f3) it takes forever to load up to the main menu, loading battles is fine. My HDD is not slow by any means and it loads every other game very fast. I think this is just a problem with the game and not your SSD.

Putting SC2 on your SSD is up to you, if you have enough room on your SSD and you play a lot of SC2, then why not? It will surely benefit from quicker load times.

GreatBigNoob007

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2012
thanks for the info.

How about The SC2 thing?
If i install the game from my brothers disk can i still play the game online? or will that not be possible b.c its connected to his battlenet account?

Hi,
I'm not sure about the new Bnet, previously WC3 you could install anywhere you wanted, the only problem you had is if somebody is already online using your cdkey you won't be able to connect to bnet until that person logs off.

I don't know if it has changed since then

DM186

Splendid
It is normal for Shogun to load slow on first boot up. It is something to do with steam which will cause to seem like for ever. What AntiZig said about having a game that is already in someone eles's name or under a product key.

Gothams Finest

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2011

Yes, you will be able to, but only on your brothers account AFAIK, you will need his login details.

You will not be able to play at the same as your brother however, to do so, you will need your own battle.net account, which may require a new copy of SC2.