Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Will this capture card work with my monitor?

Last response: in Video Games
January 23, 2012 2:47:20 PM

as far as I can tell roxio box only works on component cables in and out, your monitor doesn't have component in, so depending on how they with it to be hooked up (I'm guessing capture box will have to go inbetween monitor and PS3) it might not work.
January 23, 2012 6:18:56 PM

AntiZig said:
as far as I can tell roxio box only works on component cables in and out, your monitor doesn't have component in, so depending on how they with it to be hooked up (I'm guessing capture box will have to go inbetween monitor and PS3) it might not work.

Couldn't I use an HDMI port?
Related resources
January 23, 2012 6:30:57 PM

AntiZig said:

Also would this (http://www.overstock.com/Electronics/Toshiba-24SL410U-2...) work with the capture card?

Thanks
- Dan
January 25, 2012 8:36:48 AM

The toshiba tv would work with it, but if you want to use your monnitor there are simply ways of using it which involve using cables that enables you to use hdmi

Best solution

January 25, 2012 10:26:40 PM

The card that fits the bill for you is the Blackmagic Intensity Pro. It has hdmi in/out and component in/out. It also allows you to transcode on the fly component in to hdmi out (which is what I do) and vice versa. It does not support hdcp capture though (as that is illegal).
February 2, 2012 3:20:32 AM

Best answer selected by GamerIDGoesHere.
February 2, 2012 3:21:29 AM

MSgtGunny said:
The card that fits the bill for you is the Blackmagic Intensity Pro. It has hdmi in/out and component in/out. It also allows you to transcode on the fly component in to hdmi out (which is what I do) and vice versa. It does not support hdcp capture though (as that is illegal).

Thanks!
I was trying to go with a cheaper alternative to a BlackMagic but seeing as this is the only good 1080p option then great!
a b C Monitor
February 2, 2012 2:25:29 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!