new plans on 1/17

none wrote:
> Does anyone have details on the new plans that are due out next
> week? Thanks.

Just heard an add on the radio (Bay Area). Sounded like a
1000 min AC plan for $39.99.

-Quick

"none" <none@none.none> wrote in message
> Does anyone have details on the new plans that are due out next
> week? Thanks.

I was just about to sign up for a family share plan with 400 minutes + the
100 bonus minutes. If a more attractive plan comes out in a few days will I
be able to change to that plan with no trouble? I think the 500 minutes
family share plan for $40 + $20 is pretty good and have no idea what they
could come out with that would be more attractive to me. Unless it was less
money ;) I guess in the worst event I could cancel within the first few
days. Any ideas?

Ben

Ben in TN wrote:
> "none" <none@none.none> wrote in message
>> Does anyone have details on the new plans that are due out next
>> week? Thanks.
>>
> I was just about to sign up for a family share plan with 400 minutes
> + the 100 bonus minutes. If a more attractive plan comes out in a
> few days will I be able to change to that plan with no trouble? I
> think the 500 minutes family share plan for $40 + $20 is pretty good
> and have no idea what they could come out with that would be more
> attractive to me. Unless it was less money ;) I guess in the worst
> event I could cancel within the first few days. Any ideas?

Go for it. Don't know what will change for the familyshares but
you are correct on both assumptions. You can change plans any
time and you can cancel in the first 2 weeks. Only cost you a bit
of time and you can lock in anything that might disappear when
they change. Although I can't imagine the current plans will be
better than the new ones.

-Quick

Ben in TN wrote:

> "none" <none@none.none> wrote in message
> > Does anyone have details on the new plans that are due out next
> > week? Thanks.
> >
> I was just about to sign up for a family share plan with 400 minutes + the
> 100 bonus minutes. If a more attractive plan comes out in a few days will I
> be able to change to that plan with no trouble? I think the 500 minutes
> family share plan for $40 + $20 is pretty good and have no idea what they
> could come out with that would be more attractive to me. Unless it was less
> money ;) I guess in the worst event I could cancel within the first few
> days. Any ideas?
>
> Ben

Wait

LB

<LB@notmine.com> wrote in message news:41E72280.1A8C881@optonline.net...
> Ben in TN wrote:
>>
>> "none" <none@none.none> wrote in message
>> > Does anyone have details on the new plans that are due out next
>> > week? Thanks.
>> >
>> I was just about to sign up for a family share plan with 400 minutes +
>> the
>> 100 bonus minutes. If a more attractive plan comes out in a few days
>> will I
>> be able to change to that plan with no trouble? I think the 500 minutes
>> family share plan for $40 + $20 is pretty good and have no idea what they
>> could come out with that would be more attractive to me. Unless it was
>> less
>> money ;) I guess in the worst event I could cancel within the first few
>> days. Any ideas?
>>
>> Ben
>
> Wait
>
> LB

What if they remove the 100 bonus minutes for the family talk plans? I'll
go ahead and lock it in and if they have something better I'll change unless
someone here who has the inside scoop can tell me what the new family talk
plans will be.

Ben

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Ben in TN wrote:
> "none" <none@none.none> wrote in message
>
>>Does anyone have details on the new plans that are due out next
>>week? Thanks.
>>

> I was just about to sign up for a family share plan with 400 minutes + the
> 100 bonus minutes. If a more attractive plan comes out in a few days will I
> be able to change to that plan with no trouble? I think the 500 minutes
> family share plan for $40 + $20 is pretty good and have no idea what they
> could come out with that would be more attractive to me. Unless it was less
> money ;) I guess in the worst event I could cancel within the first few
> days. Any ideas?
>
> Ben

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. I think the current
promotion ends on the 16th and since we don't know what will be
available later, it might be a good idea to take advantage of the
current promo. I just took advantage of the 100 minutes this month and
I will extend my contract by another month to take advantage of a better
promotion if it is offered.

Tom

jp

They are dropping the price from $20 to $10 on the secondary phone on the
family share plan.
"Tom" <tom@cox.net> wrote in message
> Ben in TN wrote:
>> "none" <none@none.none> wrote in message
>>
>>>Does anyone have details on the new plans that are due out next
>>>week? Thanks.
>>>

>> I was just about to sign up for a family share plan with 400 minutes +
>> the 100 bonus minutes. If a more attractive plan comes out in a few days
>> will I be able to change to that plan with no trouble? I think the 500
>> minutes family share plan for $40 + $20 is pretty good and have no idea
>> what they could come out with that would be more attractive to me.
>> Unless it was less money ;) I guess in the worst event I could cancel
>> within the first few days. Any ideas?
>>
>> Ben
> A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. I think the current
> promotion ends on the 16th and since we don't know what will be available
> later, it might be a good idea to take advantage of the current promo. I
> just took advantage of the 100 minutes this month and I will extend my
> contract by another month to take advantage of a better promotion if it is
> offered.
>
> Tom

if true nationwide, that's worth more to me than 100 extra minutes -
provided it also includes free IN calling.

"JP" <jpeppers@midsouth.rr.com> wrote in message
> They are dropping the price from $20 to $10 on the secondary phone on the
> family share plan.

Justin

JP wrote on [Fri, 14 Jan 2005 04:47:50 GMT]:
> They are dropping the price from $20 to $10 on the secondary phone on the
> family share plan.

Will people be able to switch to this from current plans?

> "Tom" <tom@cox.net> wrote in message
>> Ben in TN wrote:
>>> "none" <none@none.none> wrote in message

>>> I was just about to sign up for a family share plan with 400 minutes +
>>> the 100 bonus minutes. If a more attractive plan comes out in a few days
>>> will I be able to change to that plan with no trouble? I think the 500
>>> minutes family share plan for $40 + $20 is pretty good and have no idea
>>> what they could come out with that would be more attractive to me.
>>> Unless it was less money ;) I guess in the worst event I could cancel
>>> within the first few days. Any ideas?
>>>
>>> Ben
>> A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. I think the current
>> promotion ends on the 16th and since we don't know what will be available
>> later, it might be a good idea to take advantage of the current promo. I
>> just took advantage of the 100 minutes this month and I will extend my
>> contract by another month to take advantage of a better promotion if it is
>> offered.
>>
>> Tom

When I talked to a Verizon Rep a while ago, he informed me you can
always change your plan. BUT, whatever plan you go to, starts the
clock back at the begining...So if you had a 2 year plan and change
mid-stream, you start at month 1 in the new plan...

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 05:08:43 GMT, Justin <nospam@insightbb.com> wrote:

>JP wrote on [Fri, 14 Jan 2005 04:47:50 GMT]:
>> They are dropping the price from $20 to $10 on the secondary phone on the
>> family share plan.
>
>Will people be able to switch to this from current plans?
>
>> "Tom" <tom@cox.net> wrote in message

>>> A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. I think the current
>>> promotion ends on the 16th and since we don't know what will be available
>>> later, it might be a good idea to take advantage of the current promo. I
>>> just took advantage of the 100 minutes this month and I will extend my
>>> contract by another month to take advantage of a better promotion if it is
>>> offered.
>>>
>>> Tom

Justin

T wrote on [Thu, 13 Jan 2005 21:26:20 -0800]:
> When I talked to a Verizon Rep a while ago, he informed me you can
> always change your plan. BUT, whatever plan you go to, starts the
> clock back at the begining...So if you had a 2 year plan and change
> mid-stream, you start at month 1 in the new plan...

Hmmm, so saving $120/year sounds good to me.

Ben in TN wrote:

> <LB@notmine.com> wrote in message news:41E72280.1A8C881@optonline.net...
> > Ben in TN wrote:
> >>
> >> "none" <none@none.none> wrote in message
> >> >
> >> I was just about to sign up for a family share plan with 400 minutes +
> >> the
> >> 100 bonus minutes. If a more attractive plan comes out in a few days
> >> will I
> >> be able to change to that plan with no trouble? I think the 500 minutes
> >> family share plan for $40 + $20 is pretty good and have no idea what they
> >> could come out with that would be more attractive to me. Unless it was
> >> less
> >> money ;) I guess in the worst event I could cancel within the first few
> >> days. Any ideas?
> >>
> >> Ben
> >
> > Wait
> >
> > LB
>
> What if they remove the 100 bonus minutes for the family talk plans? I'll
> go ahead and lock it in and if they have something better I'll change unless
> someone here who has the inside scoop can tell me what the new family talk
> plans will be.
>
> Ben

Good point cause I believe the 100 minutes deal IS scheduled to end on
1/16.

LB

JP wrote:

> They are dropping the price from $20 to $10 on the secondary phone on the
> family share plan.

Wow. If, as is the present rule, you can "upgrade" by extending then
that sounds very good. BUT it will cost vzw a lot of bucks so the 17th
gets very tantalizing.

LB

Quick wrote:
> none wrote:
>
>>Does anyone have details on the new plans that are due out next
>>week? Thanks.
>

> Just heard an add on the radio (Bay Area). Sounded like a
> 1000 min AC plan for $39.99.
>
> -Quick

AC?

Alternating Current? All Coast? What?

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 21:26:20 -0800, T <Vegasguy51@hotmail.com> wrote:

>When I talked to a Verizon Rep a while ago, he informed me you can
>always change your plan. BUT, whatever plan you go to, starts the
>clock back at the begining...So if you had a 2 year plan and change
>mid-stream, you start at month 1 in the new plan...

Only true with plans that carry promotional offers. If you are
month-to-month, you can change to an existing, non-promotional plan
and remain month-to-month.

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 08:28:47 -0500, Harry Krause
<piedtypecase@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Quick wrote:
>> none wrote:
>>
>>>Does anyone have details on the new plans that are due out next
>>>week? Thanks.
>>

>> Just heard an add on the radio (Bay Area). Sounded like a
>> 1000 min AC plan for $39.99.
>>
>> -Quick
>>

>AC?
>
>Alternating Current? All Coast? What?

America's Choice.

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

JP wrote:
> They are dropping the price from $20 to $10 on the secondary phone on the
> family share plan.

Great. 100 extra minutes, in-net calling for secondary phones, and now
the secondary lines will be $10 less per month. I didn't think Verizon
had it in them, but thanks Verizon.

Tom

Tom wrote:
> JP wrote:
>> They are dropping the price from $20 to $10 on the secondary phone
>> on the family share plan.
>
> Great. 100 extra minutes, in-net calling for secondary phones, and
> now the secondary lines will be $10 less per month. I didn't think
> Verizon had it in them, but thanks Verizon.
>
> Tom

I doubt that you will get the 100 *and* the $10 secondary lines.

My wild speculation is this:
The 100 minute promotion will end.
Secondary lines will drop to $10 *without* unlimited IN
and there will be some add-on fee to get unlimited IN on
the secondary lines.

that's my entry into the raffle pool.
-Quick

That 100 exta minutes is a one-shot deal, correct, not monthly?

"cricket" <cricket23@myrealbox.com> wrote in

> if true nationwide, that's worth more to me than 100 extra minutes
-
> provided it also includes free IN calling.
>

> "JP" <jpeppers@midsouth.rr.com> wrote in message
>> They are dropping the price from $20 to $10 on the secondary phone
on
>> the family share plan.

Americas Choice

cricket wrote:
> Americas Choice
>

> "Harry Krause" <piedtypecase@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>>Quick wrote:

>>>Just heard an add on the radio (Bay Area). Sounded like a
>>>1000 min AC plan for $39.99.
>>>
>>>-Quick
>>>

>>AC?
>>
>>Alternating Current? All Coast? What?

Thanks.

this onei s apparently monthly, unlike the one for paying online using a
checking account which was a one time deal. (now, if they would keep that
promo - every month you pay online with a checking account, they'll give you
100 free, I might pay that way... instead I'm a p*sser and make them use the
visa check card as a Visa.)

"Mitchell Regenbogen" <mreg@panix.spam.com> wrote in message
> That 100 exta minutes is a one-shot deal, correct, not monthly?
>
> "cricket" <cricket23@myrealbox.com> wrote in
>
>> if true nationwide, that's worth more to me than 100 extra minutes
> -
>> provided it also includes free IN calling.
>>

>> "JP" <jpeppers@midsouth.rr.com> wrote in message
>>> They are dropping the price from $20 to $10 on the secondary phone
> on
>>> the family share plan.

http://howardforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=538361

Post details:
New Rate Plans 1/17/05

Thanks to a friend of mine I have this info to share with you all.

the big news is 9.99 add a line for family share.
family share is restructured and only offered as
america's choice, no more local option. rates are as
follows, 59.99 79.99 99.99 149.99 199.99 299.99
minutes: 500 1000 1500 2500 3500 6000
the monthy access includes two lines, each additional
is now only 9.99!

america's choice goes like this:
39.99 59.99 79.99 99.99 149.99 199.99 299.99
450 900 1350 2000 3000 4000 6000

"IN" stays the same, N&W stays the same.

digital choice
39.99 59.99 79.99
550 1100 1650

In other words-you get a main line and one shared line for 59.99, 79.99, etc. and each additional line is now only $10 more.

Hope this helps clarify.

JDB

JDBraun via CellPhoneKB.com wrote:
> http://howardforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=538361
>
> Post details:
> New Rate Plans 1/17/05
>
> Thanks to a friend of mine I have this info to share with you all.
>

> the big news is 9.99 add a line for family share.
> family share is restructured and only offered as
> america's choice, no more local option. rates are as
> follows, 59.99 79.99 99.99 149.99 199.99 299.99
> minutes: 500 1000 1500 2500 3500 6000
> the monthy access includes two lines, each additional
> is now only 9.99!
>
> america's choice goes like this:
> 39.99 59.99 79.99 99.99 149.99 199.99 299.99
> 450 900 1350 2000 3000 4000 6000
>
> "IN" stays the same, N&W stays the same.
>
> digital choice
> 39.99 59.99 79.99
> 550 1100 1650
>
> In other words-you get a main line and one shared line for 59.99,
> 79.99, etc. and each additional line is now only $10 more.
>
> Hope this helps clarify.

So this looks like a restructuring and not a price drop....

I used to have the AC Familyshare 1500 with 2 secondary lines.
99.99 + 20 + 20 = $140

I just switched to the current promo AC Familyshare 2000 + 100 bonus.
99.99 + 20 + 20 = $140

From the above it looks like the equivalent will be inbetween
the 1500 and 2500:

future AC 1500 familyshare + 2 secondary lines
99.99 + 9.99 = $110

future AC 2500 familyshare + 2 secondary lines
149.99 + 9.99 = $160

1500 was about the minimum we needed since we are always
bumping that each month (rarely over though). 2100 is more than
enough. I think I got a better deal jumping on the current promotion.

-Quick