Help with cd drives

May 26, 2005 6:36:04 PM

I use windows xp and i am having a problem with my DVD and CD drives. It
says that windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware and it wont
work.. doe anyone know how to fix this problem.( I already tried uninstalling
it and reinstalling it)....

More about : drives

Anonymous
May 27, 2005 2:09:58 AM

Were they working fine and then developed this problem? Did you move them
around on the IDE Ribbon Cable? If not, I
would change the ribbon cable and just reconnect one drive as Master to
it. And, if you are using the Secondary IDE channel ( connector on
motherboard ) rt click MyComputer>select Properties>Hardware>Device
Manager>IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers>Secondary IDE controller rt click and
choose Uninstall. Restart let XP reinstall it.
!