MSKSrvr.exe processes eating memory

jaustin

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2004

I've noticed a new process running when I view my task manager. I recently
had some virus problems and was wondering if this is something leftover from
the virus that is eating up my memory.
--
austin

"jaustin" <jaustin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've noticed a new process running when I view my task manager.
> I recently
> had some virus problems and was wondering if this is something
> leftover from
> the virus that is eating up my memory.
> --
> austin

Do you have McAfee Spam Killer installed on your computer?

http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintaskspro/processlibrary/MSKSrvr/

If you don't have that application installed, then it may be a
virus.

At what level do you consider an application to be "eating up my
memory". In Task Manager I show it using 18,432K. If it's
significantly higher than that level you may want to touch base
with McAfee support to see if this is a documented issue. You can
start you search here:

http://ts.mcafeehelp.com/?siteID=1&resolution=800x600

http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/index.php?c=3

Good luck