boot problem

Hi all,

I am having a problem with my computer booting without the windows CD in the
cd player. It keeps asking for a boot device. I have installed and
activated windows on the computer after a friend reformatted it but i don't
know how to make it boot on its own without the CD. Does anyone know how to
fix that. Hopefully its a simple fix.

Cheers,
Caroline
2 answers Last reply
More about boot problem

    You will have to go into the BIOS and change the boot order from the CD to
    the harddrive. Owner's manual will tell you how.

    "Caroline" <perrow@uq.net.au> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I am having a problem with my computer booting without the windows CD in
    > the
    > cd player. It keeps asking for a boot device. I have installed and
    > activated windows on the computer after a friend reformatted it but i
    > don't
    > know how to make it boot on its own without the CD. Does anyone know how
    > fix that. Hopefully its a simple fix.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Caroline

    well did you install windows full without any errors?
    witch windows is it?
    try instaling from other cd but not false licence or other sources!
    if this dosent works i dont know!

    "Caroline" wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I am having a problem with my computer booting without the windows CD in the
    > cd player. It keeps asking for a boot device. I have installed and
    > activated windows on the computer after a friend reformatted it but i don't
    > know how to make it boot on its own without the CD. Does anyone know how to
    > fix that. Hopefully its a simple fix.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Caroline

Computers Boot CD-Rom Windows XP