  • Boot
  • CD-Rom
  • Windows XP
May 27, 2005 4:57:11 PM

Hi all,

I am having a problem with my computer booting without the windows CD in the
cd player. It keeps asking for a boot device. I have installed and
activated windows on the computer after a friend reformatted it but i don't
know how to make it boot on its own without the CD. Does anyone know how to
fix that. Hopefully its a simple fix.

Cheers,
Caroline

More about : boot problem

May 27, 2005 4:57:12 PM

You will have to go into the BIOS and change the boot order from the CD to
the harddrive. Owner's manual will tell you how.

"Caroline" <perrow@uq.net.au> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I am having a problem with my computer booting without the windows CD in
> the
> cd player. It keeps asking for a boot device. I have installed and
> activated windows on the computer after a friend reformatted it but i
> don't
> know how to make it boot on its own without the CD. Does anyone know how
> fix that. Hopefully its a simple fix.
>
> Cheers,
> Caroline

Anonymous
May 29, 2005 12:58:02 PM

well did you install windows full without any errors?
witch windows is it?
try instaling from other cd but not false licence or other sources!
if this dosent works i dont know!

!