Sign in with
Your question

Fallout 3 (GOTY)

Last response: in Video Games
January 24, 2012 11:31:38 AM

Hi,

I've recently installed Fallout 3 (GOTY) to my laptop. Installed second disc with the DLC on it (after having to wait ten minutes for disc to start up), but the DLC isn't showing up in the main game. Any suggestions?

More about : fallout goty

January 24, 2012 12:14:56 PM

It wont, you have to play the game and the new areas will be accessible.
January 24, 2012 12:19:21 PM

So do you have to complete the main quest of Fallout 3 for the DLC to activate?
Related resources
January 24, 2012 12:46:30 PM

no

how it works is the DLC in fallout games comes in the form of a mission like a radion beacon has been picked up or you get a message from a stranger saying go here and its a map marker.

IF this doesnt happen when you boot up the game witht he desktop EXE it should open a box and in this box there should be the following.

play
options
data
exit.

hit data and another window will open in this window you can tick the content you want to load. like DLC and also load loose content. tick them all. BUT if they are not in this box this you DLC isnt installed and you need to explore the disc and install each DLC with the exe in each folder for it.

any problems let me know :) 
January 24, 2012 3:21:39 PM

Also... just a tip... Do all the side missions or you'll finish the game within a week or two (a day if you play non-stop). Somehow going back and playing the side missions after you already finished the game was not appealing to me whatsoever.

So for me, while the game was extremely cool, it was extremely short. And I had no real desire to go back and replay. That's just me though...
January 25, 2012 6:36:52 AM

Thanks a million to spoony, that worked perfectly. In relation to replayability, I've finished the main quest like 4 times, I LOVE this game, way prefer it to Dragon Age/ Skyrim etc. post apocalyptic RPG really appeals to me. What I'd really like is a proper zombie RPG like Falout etc.
January 25, 2012 6:52:51 AM

anytime frost, if you need anymore help let me know.

do you have steam or Origin for battlefield 3 ? if so drop me your user names.

steam = spoonysrclan
origin = SW-Spoony
January 25, 2012 6:55:52 AM

Spoony said:
anytime frost, if you need anymore help let me know.

do you have steam or Origin for battlefield 3 ? if so drop me your user names.

steam = spoonysrclan
origin = SW-Spoony

or my email xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Better not post your email address, you should use a private message instead.
January 25, 2012 7:29:28 AM

cheers n changed
!