No Access to Control Panel - in either view Classic or Cat..

May 27, 2005 6:21:04 PM

I have installed Norton Utilities 2005. One of the Utillities in this
program is System Optimizer. Since using this, I receive and error in
Control Panel thatg reads as follows: "These Control Panel options are not
available. The content of this Control Panel category, has been made
unavailable by your System Administrator. To make changes in this area,
contact your Sustem Administrator."

I am the sole user of this computer and therefore am the System
Administrator. I have tried to use System Restore, and noe of the restore
points will restore my PC. I had to reinstall my software on April 28, and
have tired each of the Restore Dates without success. Can anyone advise me
how to correct this and being able to use all the functions in my Control
Panel.

Thanks so much.
Anonymous
May 27, 2005 7:49:58 PM

Automated edit...

Read the instructions
256. Restore the Control Panel

If XP Pro...

Start | Run | Type: gpedit.msc | OK |
Navigate to >>>
User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Control Panel\
Prohibit access to the Control Panel
[[Disables all Control Panel programs.]]

Set to Not configured

This is what gets set by the policy above.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\
Policies\Explorer
Value Name: NoControlPanel
Data Type: REG_DWORD
Value Data: 0 or 1