Disk partition

I am trying to Partition my C drive and I get this message

my command is

Create partition primary [offset] [noerr]

Message is

The arguments you specified for this command are not valid

Any ideas?

Thanks

Mike
3 answers Last reply
More about disk partition

    On Fri, 27 May 2005 15:32:01 -0700, "kiwimike"
    <kiwimike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >I am trying to Partition my C drive and I get this message
    >
    >my command is
    >
    >Create partition primary [offset] [noerr]
    >
    >Message is
    >
    >The arguments you specified for this command are not valid
    >
    >Any ideas?
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >Mike
    Use diskmgmt.msc. It's easier.

    Dave

    Only a third-party partitioning program can be used to resize
    partitions on a drive that currently has Windows XP installed.

    Partition Magic 8
    http://www.powerquest.com/partitionmagic/

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "kiwimike" wrote:

    | I am trying to Partition my C drive and I get this message
    |
    | my command is
    |
    | Create partition primary [offset] [noerr]
    |
    | Message is
    |
    | The arguments you specified for this command are not valid
    |
    | Any ideas?
    |
    | Thanks
    |
    | Mike

    You can edit C: drive by typing:DiskPart In recovery.

    "kiwimike" wrote:

    > I am trying to Partition my C drive and I get this message
    >
    > my command is
    >
    > Create partition primary [offset] [noerr]
    >
    > Message is
    >
    > The arguments you specified for this command are not valid
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Mike

Partition Command Prompt Microsoft Windows XP