Status
Not open for further replies.

rcfant89

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2011
What's the best free screen capture program? I'm using fraps which is good but it's got a 30 second timer on it and that doesn't work well for recording games. Is there one without a time limit that's free?

Also, I'd like to be able to record my screen at all times, not like fraps which only lets you record in game. Anybody know of something good for those purposes? Thanks.

skaz

Distinguished

Not sure what you mean by "at all times" but you can record with FRAPS without being in a game. You just have to tick the option in the settings to record the desktop and your good to go.

Nashsafc

Distinguished
May 13, 2009
Yeah there is, see if you can download ASUS GamerOSD. That can choose which screen shot format to use for screen shots, can take movies for unlimited periods of time. It does keep a little icon of ASUS Record at the bottom left though. I really like it, you can choose your hot keys, and there's a function to do with broadcasting with a web cam i don't quite know what that one does as i don't have a web cam, perhaps record. You can edit in-game GPU clocks as well.

http://www.asus.com/999/html/share/2/icon/15/index.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.