disk space full

May 29, 2005 6:29:55 PM

My daughters computer is windows xp pro, for some reason something is taking
up all the disc space and I can't find what, I've deleted lots of stuff and
programs to try and find out but I haven't got a clue can anybody help please.

More about : disk space full

Anonymous
May 29, 2005 8:31:37 PM

Check this folder...

C:\System Volume Information

How to Adjust the amount of disk space System Restore uses
http://bertk.mvps.org/html/diskspace.html

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:D 827EFBE-181C-4490-8C3E-5664332EF875@microsoft.com,
kermit1001 <kermit1001@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> My daughters computer is windows xp pro, for some reason something is
> taking up all the disc space and I can't find what, I've deleted lots of
> stuff and programs to try and find out but I haven't got a clue can
> anybody help please.
Anonymous
May 29, 2005 8:56:39 PM

http://support.microsoft.com/?­id=827315

Download Ad-aware SE and scan your PC for the presence of sp­yware:
http://www.download.com/3000-2144-10045910.html?part=69...

Symantec Security Check
http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/default.asp?langid=i...

Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware

Utilize the following maintenance programs, at least monthly,
to maintain the optimum performance of Windows XP:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310312&Product=winxp

How to Perform Disk Error Checking in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315265&Product=winxp

HOW TO: Analyze and Defragment a Disk in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305781&Product=winxp

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"kermit1001"wrote:

| My daughters computer is windows xp pro, for some reason something is taking
| up all the disc space and I can't find what, I've deleted lots of stuff and
| programs to try and find out but I haven't got a clue can anybody help please.
Anonymous
May 31, 2005 12:09:24 PM

Thank You both for your replies, I did find it extremely useful especially
the links, the problem was deceptive software which symantec picked up on and
I have now deleted it. so thank you.