new computer give blue screen on boot up

Hi!
My computer is acting really wierd. Since I've installed win xp on it.
It has an Asus k8n motherboard, running an athlon 3400+ chip
geforce 5200 fx
1024 mb ram
19-inch lcd.
this is the problem. I can get it to work fine, but its a roll of the dice
on whether I have to pick continue normally or last good configuration. When
it does work it works fine. Anyway, I boot up my computer and it does its
thing til right before I see the windows logo, it'll give me a splits second
flash of a blue screen. I don't know what the blue screen says all I know is
that it is there and that it causes my computer to reboot. Any help would be
appreciated it. I updated all the bios drivers and video drivers. :)

Best Regards
5 answers Last reply
More about computer give blue screen boot

    I went into the event viewer and got this out of an error, don't know what it
    might be though...
    Fault bucket 07918338.
    0000: 42 75 63 6b 65 74 3a 20 Bucket:
    0008: 30 37 39 31 38 33 33 38 07918338
    0010: 0d 0a ..
    "Nathan Salas" wrote:

    > Hi!
    > My computer is acting really wierd. Since I've installed win xp on it.
    > It has an Asus k8n motherboard, running an athlon 3400+ chip
    > geforce 5200 fx
    > 1024 mb ram
    > 19-inch lcd.
    > this is the problem. I can get it to work fine, but its a roll of the dice
    > on whether I have to pick continue normally or last good configuration. When
    > it does work it works fine. Anyway, I boot up my computer and it does its
    > thing til right before I see the windows logo, it'll give me a splits second
    > flash of a blue screen. I don't know what the blue screen says all I know is
    > that it is there and that it causes my computer to reboot. Any help would be
    > appreciated it. I updated all the bios drivers and video drivers. :)
    >
    > Best Regards

    Nathan, rt click MyComputer>select Properties>Advanced>Startup and
    Recovery-Settings>Uncheck Automatically Restart. Next time this happens
    it should give you a BSOD with a error message.
    "Nathan Salas" <Nathan Salas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi!
    > My computer is acting really wierd. Since I've installed win xp on it.
    > It has an Asus k8n motherboard, running an athlon 3400+ chip
    > geforce 5200 fx
    > 1024 mb ram
    > 19-inch lcd.
    > this is the problem. I can get it to work fine, but its a roll of the dice
    > on whether I have to pick continue normally or last good configuration.
    > When
    > it does work it works fine. Anyway, I boot up my computer and it does its
    > thing til right before I see the windows logo, it'll give me a splits
    > second
    > flash of a blue screen. I don't know what the blue screen says all I know
    > is
    > that it is there and that it causes my computer to reboot. Any help would
    > be
    > appreciated it. I updated all the bios drivers and video drivers. :)
    >
    > Best Regards

    Mr. Barry,
    I enabled that in "My computer" and by pressing f8 on the boot up the bsod
    only flashes and then reboots again. I am running winxp pro, if that will
    help at all.

    "Rich Barry" wrote:

    > Nathan, rt click MyComputer>select Properties>Advanced>Startup and
    > Recovery-Settings>Uncheck Automatically Restart. Next time this happens
    > it should give you a BSOD with a error message.
    > "Nathan Salas" <Nathan Salas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi!
    > > My computer is acting really wierd. Since I've installed win xp on it.
    > > It has an Asus k8n motherboard, running an athlon 3400+ chip
    > > geforce 5200 fx
    > > 1024 mb ram
    > > 19-inch lcd.
    > > this is the problem. I can get it to work fine, but its a roll of the dice
    > > on whether I have to pick continue normally or last good configuration.
    > > When
    > > it does work it works fine. Anyway, I boot up my computer and it does its
    > > thing til right before I see the windows logo, it'll give me a splits
    > > second
    > > flash of a blue screen. I don't know what the blue screen says all I know
    > > is
    > > that it is there and that it causes my computer to reboot. Any help would
    > > be
    > > appreciated it. I updated all the bios drivers and video drivers. :)
    > >
    > > Best Regards

    Nathan, the symptoms are also indicative of a Flaky Power Supply. Try
    Motherboard Monitor. It will give you a readout
    of temps and voltages. The 3.3, 5 and 12v lines should not dip below 5%.
    Download it here.

    "Nathan Salas" <Nathan Salas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi!
    > My computer is acting really wierd. Since I've installed win xp on it.
    > It has an Asus k8n motherboard, running an athlon 3400+ chip
    > geforce 5200 fx
    > 1024 mb ram
    > 19-inch lcd.
    > this is the problem. I can get it to work fine, but its a roll of the dice
    > on whether I have to pick continue normally or last good configuration.
    > When
    > it does work it works fine. Anyway, I boot up my computer and it does its
    > thing til right before I see the windows logo, it'll give me a splits
    > second
    > flash of a blue screen. I don't know what the blue screen says all I know
    > is
    > that it is there and that it causes my computer to reboot. Any help would
    > be
    > appreciated it. I updated all the bios drivers and video drivers. :)
    >
    > Best Regards

    Hi
    I tried to run motherboard monitor but my motherboard is not listed on their
    database, so that didn't work well. Also I noticed that my pc when I am
    playing my games has cpu temps of 129, and motherboard temps of 100+...Is
    this normal if not can I prevent it? What can I do to fix it?

    "Rich Barry" wrote:

    > Nathan, the symptoms are also indicative of a Flaky Power Supply. Try
    > Motherboard Monitor. It will give you a readout
    > of temps and voltages. The 3.3, 5 and 12v lines should not dip below 5%.
    > Download it here.
    > http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=311
    >

    > "Nathan Salas" <Nathan Salas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi!
    > > My computer is acting really wierd. Since I've installed win xp on it.
    > > It has an Asus k8n motherboard, running an athlon 3400+ chip
    > > geforce 5200 fx
    > > 1024 mb ram
    > > 19-inch lcd.
    > > this is the problem. I can get it to work fine, but its a roll of the dice
    > > on whether I have to pick continue normally or last good configuration.
    > > When
    > > it does work it works fine. Anyway, I boot up my computer and it does its
    > > thing til right before I see the windows logo, it'll give me a splits
    > > second
    > > flash of a blue screen. I don't know what the blue screen says all I know
    > > is
    > > that it is there and that it causes my computer to reboot. Any help would
    > > be
    > > appreciated it. I updated all the bios drivers and video drivers. :)
    > >
    > > Best Regards

Computers Blue Screen Windows XP