new computer give blue screen on boot up

May 30, 2005 2:48:02 AM

Hi!
My computer is acting really wierd. Since I've installed win xp on it.
It has an Asus k8n motherboard, running an athlon 3400+ chip
geforce 5200 fx
1024 mb ram
19-inch lcd.
this is the problem. I can get it to work fine, but its a roll of the dice
on whether I have to pick continue normally or last good configuration. When
it does work it works fine. Anyway, I boot up my computer and it does its
thing til right before I see the windows logo, it'll give me a splits second
flash of a blue screen. I don't know what the blue screen says all I know is
that it is there and that it causes my computer to reboot. Any help would be
appreciated it. I updated all the bios drivers and video drivers. :)

Best Regards
Anonymous
May 30, 2005 3:18:02 AM

I went into the event viewer and got this out of an error, don't know what it
might be though...
Fault bucket 07918338.
0000: 42 75 63 6b 65 74 3a 20 Bucket:
0008: 30 37 39 31 38 33 33 38 07918338
0010: 0d 0a ..
"Nathan Salas" wrote:

> Hi!
> My computer is acting really wierd. Since I've installed win xp on it.
> It has an Asus k8n motherboard, running an athlon 3400+ chip
> geforce 5200 fx
> 1024 mb ram
> 19-inch lcd.
> this is the problem. I can get it to work fine, but its a roll of the dice
> on whether I have to pick continue normally or last good configuration. When
> it does work it works fine. Anyway, I boot up my computer and it does its
> thing til right before I see the windows logo, it'll give me a splits second
> flash of a blue screen. I don't know what the blue screen says all I know is
> that it is there and that it causes my computer to reboot. Any help would be
> appreciated it. I updated all the bios drivers and video drivers. :)
>
> Best Regards
Anonymous
May 30, 2005 9:56:27 AM

Nathan, rt click MyComputer>select Properties>Advanced>Startup and
Recovery-Settings>Uncheck Automatically Restart. Next time this happens
it should give you a BSOD with a error message.
"Nathan Salas" <Nathan Salas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi!
> My computer is acting really wierd. Since I've installed win xp on it.
> It has an Asus k8n motherboard, running an athlon 3400+ chip
> geforce 5200 fx
> 1024 mb ram
> 19-inch lcd.
> this is the problem. I can get it to work fine, but its a roll of the dice
> on whether I have to pick continue normally or last good configuration.
> When
> it does work it works fine. Anyway, I boot up my computer and it does its
> thing til right before I see the windows logo, it'll give me a splits
> second
> flash of a blue screen. I don't know what the blue screen says all I know
> is
> that it is there and that it causes my computer to reboot. Any help would
> be
> appreciated it. I updated all the bios drivers and video drivers. :)
>
> Best Regards
May 30, 2005 9:56:28 AM

Mr. Barry,
I enabled that in "My computer" and by pressing f8 on the boot up the bsod
only flashes and then reboots again. I am running winxp pro, if that will
help at all.

"Rich Barry" wrote:

> Nathan, rt click MyComputer>select Properties>Advanced>Startup and
> Recovery-Settings>Uncheck Automatically Restart. Next time this happens
> it should give you a BSOD with a error message.
> "Nathan Salas" <Nathan Salas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi!
> > My computer is acting really wierd. Since I've installed win xp on it.
> > It has an Asus k8n motherboard, running an athlon 3400+ chip
> > geforce 5200 fx
> > 1024 mb ram
> > 19-inch lcd.
> > this is the problem. I can get it to work fine, but its a roll of the dice
> > on whether I have to pick continue normally or last good configuration.
> > When
> > it does work it works fine. Anyway, I boot up my computer and it does its
> > thing til right before I see the windows logo, it'll give me a splits
> > second
> > flash of a blue screen. I don't know what the blue screen says all I know
> > is
> > that it is there and that it causes my computer to reboot. Any help would
> > be
> > appreciated it. I updated all the bios drivers and video drivers. :)
> >
> > Best Regards

Anonymous
May 31, 2005 1:34:21 AM

Nathan, the symptoms are also indicative of a Flaky Power Supply. Try
Motherboard Monitor. It will give you a readout
of temps and voltages. The 3.3, 5 and 12v lines should not dip below 5%.
Download it here.

"Nathan Salas" <Nathan Salas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi!
> My computer is acting really wierd. Since I've installed win xp on it.
> It has an Asus k8n motherboard, running an athlon 3400+ chip
> geforce 5200 fx
> 1024 mb ram
> 19-inch lcd.
> this is the problem. I can get it to work fine, but its a roll of the dice
> on whether I have to pick continue normally or last good configuration.
> When
> it does work it works fine. Anyway, I boot up my computer and it does its
> thing til right before I see the windows logo, it'll give me a splits
> second
> flash of a blue screen. I don't know what the blue screen says all I know
> is
> that it is there and that it causes my computer to reboot. Any help would
> be
> appreciated it. I updated all the bios drivers and video drivers. :)
>
> Best Regards
Anonymous
June 3, 2005 6:01:02 AM

Hi
I tried to run motherboard monitor but my motherboard is not listed on their
database, so that didn't work well. Also I noticed that my pc when I am
playing my games has cpu temps of 129, and motherboard temps of 100+...Is
this normal if not can I prevent it? What can I do to fix it?

!