Xp not recoginize my spare drive

Hello
I had anast virus on my computer
I am running windows xp professional
I have re done my computer , with fdisk
My problem is this
Now xp does not seem to recoginize my 2nd extra hard drive
I went into computer management and selected to give it a letter ,
which it did before was " D " now "E"
I also went into command prompt and diskpart and rescanned
I also copied it to a NTFS file folder named NTFS and it did

I can see the drive but their is no way I can access it at all
Can anyone else give me some advice on what to do
I would like to get my drive back as I have important files on there
backed up
Thanks for your time
Xmasrose :eek:

--
Xmasrose

How do you have the second drive connected. I would connect it to the
Secondary IDE channel ( motherboard connector ) as Master. When you say you
used fdisk, did you partition and format just the first drive. Was the
second drive
connected when you did this?