Power On, Green, Fans Start, Fans Stop, Flash Red

I have a compaq presario 6000 series ( does 601935 make sense ?)
I hit the power on switch and
- green light comes on briefly
- all three fans turn about a quarter turn
- fans stop
- power light flashes red

( I have tried blowing out all components, fans, etc, and reseating all
power connections)

Any ideas...

....Mike
1 answer Last reply
More about power green fans start fans stop flash

    Go a bit further and reseat any DIMMs, video cards, etc.
    HH

    "...Mike" <michaelm@duke.edu> wrote in message
    > I have a compaq presario 6000 series ( does 601935 make sense ?)
    > I hit the power on switch and
    > - green light comes on briefly
    > - all three fans turn about a quarter turn
    > - fans stop
    > - power light flashes red
    >
    > ( I have tried blowing out all components, fans, etc, and reseating all
    > power connections)
    >
    > Any ideas...
    >
    > ...Mike

Compaq Green Power Computers