Power On, Green, Fans Start, Fans Stop, Flash Red

I have a compaq presario 6000 series ( does 601935 make sense ?)
I hit the power on switch and
- green light comes on briefly
- all three fans turn about a quarter turn
- fans stop
- power light flashes red

( I have tried blowing out all components, fans, etc, and reseating all
power connections)

Any ideas...

....Mike

hh

Go a bit further and reseat any DIMMs, video cards, etc.
HH