Beliar

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2004
i've been checking out the psus on the market, and i've read very good things about ocz psus. actually, i found that many reviewers use the 520W OCZ powerstream in their tests, especially if the test includes o/cing. I guess that's because of the adjustable rail thingy, right? but the 520 W model is also pricy, around $140... i also am planning to o/c with my new machine (msi neo2 plat,athlon 64 3200+ 90nm, 6800gt, 1 gb ram...). I wonder, is this psu worth to give that much. i was about to buy an Aerocool AEROPOWER II SE 550W, but then i saw this.. i had picked the aerocool because it fits perfectly in my Lian Li v1000, and the reviews said very good things about that as well.. is the adjustable rail feature required for serious o/c? spending 50 dollars more and getting the ocz powerstream instead of the aerocool is worth it? or the difference would be minor??

edit: also, is there anyone who knows if the ocz powerstream fits in lian-li v1000? i've read that it is a big unit..but how big?

thanks.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Beliar on 12/30/04 04:51 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
For half that price you can get a Fortron Source 530W power supply, and it has adjustments too (internally).

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

ItalianIce

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2004
Crashman,is the Forton 530w suitable for BTX? I have an intel btx mobo and looking for a new psu. I have sata hd, pci-e, and an intel p4 550 (3.4ghz, 800fsb mhz)