where do shiny and glowing shards spawn? (qeynos side)

Last response: in Video Games
January 11, 2005 10:50:59 AM

I am lv 20 paladin and haven't been keen to explore the thundering steppes
solo, and stormhold just kills me fast. Do the shards spawn there? I have
looked everywhere else and those types are consistently missing from my
collections. People are charging around 3-7 gp each for them and there's no
point in paying that much when the finished item sells for around that
price!

Ralph, 20 pal, najena
Anonymous
January 11, 2005 12:53:07 PM

Shadow wrote:
> I am lv 20 paladin and haven't been keen to explore the thundering
steppes
> solo, and stormhold just kills me fast. Do the shards spawn there? I
have
> looked everywhere else and those types are consistently missing from
my
> collections. People are charging around 3-7 gp each for them and
there's no
> point in paying that much when the finished item sells for around
that
> price!

I have found a bunch of shiny and glowing shards in RE. I might've
gotten a couple shiny ones from EL, but I think those were mostly the
Enchanted Maple Leaves. I don't remember ever seeing a collection in
RoV, so I can't say for sure what is there.
Anonymous
January 11, 2005 7:07:14 PM

"Shadow" <kitchen@fis.org.nz> wrote in
news:D zLEd.113949$K7.17672@news-server.bigpond.net.au:

> I am lv 20 paladin and haven't been keen to explore the thundering
> steppes solo, and stormhold just kills me fast. Do the shards spawn
> there? I have looked everywhere else and those types are consistently
> missing from my collections. People are charging around 3-7 gp each
> for them and there's no point in paying that much when the finished
> item sells for around that price!

You should be fine in Thundering Steppes if you are careful to avoid the
group mobs, and the high conning aggro mobs. I first went there and
explored when I was level 13 or so, duoed with a 16 monk to kill solo mobs
that were red to us. She was there primarilly to harvest tier 3 nodes, and
I came along to explore. Many mobs there will not aggro unless you attack
them, others will, you just have to be careful.

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

On Steamfont in <Insanity Plea>
Graeme, 21 Dwarven Mystic, 19 Scholar
Anonymous
January 12, 2005 1:35:16 AM

"Shadow" <kitchen@fis.org.nz> wrote in message
news:D zLEd.113949$K7.17672@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> I am lv 20 paladin and haven't been keen to explore the thundering steppes
> solo, and stormhold just kills me fast. Do the shards spawn there? I have
> looked everywhere else and those types are consistently missing from my
> collections. People are charging around 3-7 gp each for them and there's
no
> point in paying that much when the finished item sells for around that
> price!
>
> Ralph, 20 pal, najena

Someone from our group got quite a few in SH the other day - some nice
quests in there too.

--
eq2.najena.Simonette
eq2.najena.Floriana

"Pamela Carlton" <lambchop@whocareswhere.com> wrote in message

> "Shadow" <kitchen@fis.org.nz> wrote in message
> news:D zLEd.113949$K7.17672@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> > I am lv 20 paladin and haven't been keen to explore the thundering
steppes
> > solo, and stormhold just kills me fast. Do the shards spawn there? I
have
> > looked everywhere else and those types are consistently missing from my
> > collections. People are charging around 3-7 gp each for them and there's
> no
> > point in paying that much when the finished item sells for around that
> > price!
> >
> > Ralph, 20 pal, najena
> >

> Someone from our group got quite a few in SH the other day - some nice
> quests in there too.
>
> --
> eq2.najena.Simonette
> eq2.najena.Floriana
> eq.bristlebane.Simonette
> eq.bristlebane.Agapanthus

I was wondering what time zone you were in there pam? I'm on gmt +10. I
should be on tonight sometime, maybe we could group up?

On another note, I'm amazed how many quests are soloable up to a point, then
you have to either wait until the mobs gray out (thus losing any chance to
get items like the ones needed for "bark like a gnoll" or you have to get a
group. I've been loggin into blackburrow for days, trying to get a group
together to kill captain ghurox. When someone was interested, we waited 90
minutes and he didn't spawn.

Hopefully that was fixed in a patch recently, but even so, i haven't gotten
a group since then who wanted to kill him, and there's a few groups in
blackburrow who monopolise the green gnolls (to lv 20) in all the instances,
so i can never get drops for the "bark like a gnoll" quest. Neither would
they as they are too high level, so i'm not sure what they are questing for.

As a soloer, i can kill bears or wolves add infinitum, but i find so many
mobs can't be fought solo, eg casters because they can stun you and have the
rest of the mob beat you to death whilst you stand there twiddling your thum
bs. In a group, you can compensate, but I find groups only forming to fight
very specific mobs over and over. Next time i log in i guess i'll do aq1 aq2
aq3 aq4 etc etc but sheesh there's so many mobs in this game that are never
hunted.

So many things seem broken. Take tradeskill interdependencies. I need iron
sheets to make turquoise orbs. I haven't been able to sell them to pc's
despite using the second lowest price rule that works for most everything
else, so i end up selling to vendors. I offered to craft anything like
stroma oil or eolith temper, but there was no interest in trading them for
anything a 17 scholar could make. So I'm, left with levelling up an alt to
compensate. I understand some people are paying that extra cost per month to
have the extra character slots for that purpose but grinding through the
recipes again and again is such an awful thought.

There's a lot about early eq2 i loved, but the few quests that i can now
solo and the increase to grouped mobs damage output just makes me feel like
SOE hates soloers. That could be their new slogan, "SOE Slays Soloing!" They
said there were more quests for soloers but i really haven't felt any
increase was taken seriously. The paladin quest takes days solo... it took
me 30 minutes in a group.

I'm still trying to get WOW and if anyone in sydney knows a shop that might
have a copy in on sat week can they reply to this post? Floriana has first
dibs on my stuff.

Ralph Nebbish
20 paladin, 17 scholar, najena
Anonymous
January 12, 2005 6:33:37 AM

> I was wondering what time zone you were in there pam? I'm on gmt +10. I
> should be on tonight sometime, maybe we could group up?

Same time as you, we live on NSW/VIC border.
You're welcome to come hunting with us, did you end up joining the LoL
guild? If not, I'm sure the Crusaders of Mist would love to have you.
The guild is smaller than others on the server, but they are all really nice
people and you can get a pickup group or two especially after 6-7pm.
If you wanted to know a bit more about them the website is
www.crusadersofmist.org

> On another note, I'm amazed how many quests are soloable up to a point,
then
> you have to either wait until the mobs gray out (thus losing any chance to
> get items like the ones needed for "bark like a gnoll" or you have to get
> group. I've been loggin into blackburrow for days, trying to get a group
> together to kill captain ghurox. When someone was interested, we waited 90
> minutes and he didn't spawn.

What does he con to you at level 20? We were going to go down there last
night but weren't sure whether the mobs were too low.
We ended up in TS with undead farmers (white^^ to me, darker shades to the
others...heheh) and animated scarecrows but it took all of our power to take
out the groups or singles and a bit of time regenning. I would hate to see
what would have happened if a wanderer came across us.
Ended up paying a visit to Advisor Pandrakus (sp?) and he was really hard -
we ended up running like chickens but I am pleased to say we all lived to
tell the tale.

> Hopefully that was fixed in a patch recently, but even so, i haven't
gotten
> a group since then who wanted to kill him, and there's a few groups in
> blackburrow who monopolise the green gnolls (to lv 20) in all the
instances,
> so i can never get drops for the "bark like a gnoll" quest. Neither would
> they as they are too high level, so i'm not sure what they are questing
for.

They may have city tasks or quests which require X number of whatevers, the
easier kill may speed up the collection process.
I think I have a city task in BB to to kill 14 broodslayers? (spiders
anyways). So we have to go back in there sometime....we helped someone else
do the quest and even though they were grey they required a fair amount of
work as there were so many in a group (and they were being camped..hehehe)

> So many things seem broken. Take tradeskill interdependencies. I need iron
> sheets to make turquoise orbs. I haven't been able to sell them to pc's
> despite using the second lowest price rule that works for most everything
> else, so i end up selling to vendors. I offered to craft anything like
> stroma oil or eolith temper, but there was no interest in trading them for
> anything a 17 scholar could make. So I'm, left with levelling up an alt to
> compensate. I understand some people are paying that extra cost per month
> have the extra character slots for that purpose but grinding through the
> recipes again and again is such an awful thought.

I have to admit I have been neglecting my tradeskills, I have made a lower
level alt with the purpose of making a patron and disabling the xp so we can
get some guild xp happening.
May of the guildies have artisans in their 20's - some of them prefer to
tradeskill instead of going out hunting, the ones out hunting also gather
the resources for the tradeskillers so it works quite well. The
interdependencies do have an effect but not as great as those soloing the
process.

> There's a lot about early eq2 i loved, but the few quests that i can now
> solo and the increase to grouped mobs damage output just makes me feel
like
> SOE hates soloers. That could be their new slogan, "SOE Slays Soloing!"
They
> said there were more quests for soloers but i really haven't felt any
> increase was taken seriously. The paladin quest takes days solo... it took
> me 30 minutes in a group.
>
> I'm still trying to get WOW and if anyone in sydney knows a shop that
might
> have a copy in on sat week can they reply to this post? Floriana has first
> dibs on my stuff.

hopefull catch you in game tonight, if I'm not on Floriana I may be on
Shontelle =)

--
eq2.najena.Simonette
eq2.najena.Floriana