I noted that there was a comment on the Antec Aria SFF case
"Can only use one 5.25" and 3.5" drives each"
clearly wrong even the antec site and I am sure the book would show room for 3 3.5" drives...

here is a picture

hdd.jpg

I can not say as to how "cheap" it looks but you can get more drives in it then 1....

I hope this post is seen the right way.....

----
nothing better to do, make the picture work again...

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
But NUKE, surely you're not stupid enough to believe they were talking about total drives? I mean, sure it could have been written better, but that comment was only refering to EXTERNALLY ACCESSABLE drives.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Turk

Distinguished
May 25, 2003
Well, then I too, was "stupid"! Since I also thought, and still DO think that they were talking about the total number of drives. Do they state anywhere that they write about, EXTERNALLY ACCESSABLE drives?

I have built two of these babys and must say that I'm pleased with them. Both are equiped with AMD barton 2500+ and GForce 4200ti cards and 3 (yes count them, 3 200GB HDs). I didn't have to remove the psu when building them but there is a heat problem, so I had to uxe the extra slot-in cooler. Apart from that and a slightly tricky build-situation, I just love them.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Well, I expected he knew that the reference was ment for external drives was infered and that he should be picking on them for sloppy writing, rather than an attempt to publish bad info. This is based on information presented in another thread where he participated.

Certainly there are some people who were simply confused, which is why some obvious writing flaws should be addressed to the editor.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
The sloppiness was obvious, yes.

Pacifist_Farmer

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2005
Sure you could put that many drives in an Aria, but I would be hard pressed to find enough room in mine for another hard drive, let alone 2.

Cooling definitely becomes an issue in the Aria, I'm using the stock exhaust blower, included with the case, and it just isn't enough. Has anyone else experiemented with other cooling options? other than the obvious "better" and more blower ideas?

johnfinn68

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2005
I removed the PCI slot covers and replaced the stock fan with a 2000rpm unit and a speed contol. It runs about 1700prm (still fairly quiet) and the temps came right down.

Cooling has been an issue with this box since day one. I have a 2.4 Celeron D with a 533 fsb, and currently just one hard drive. The Prescott core and northbridge get quite warm (155). I replaced the n/b heatsink with a passive Zalman ZM-NB47J sink, and the stock Intel cooler (which ran at 5000rpm) with a Nexus PPR-1030 NF (use the SF for Intel units over 89 watts).

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
its a reasonable assumption to think they meant external when they said it in the same sentance as 5 1/4, there is no such thing as an internal 5 1/4 drive bay.

this is my boomstick!