cpu running 100% also

Hey seems like we are all having the same problems

I am also using a laptop, dell inspiron 1500 which has a 2.4cpu 512 ram,
only a 25 gb hd, but I use external for all my files / documents.

I have some things that are using up the memory though...and I am not sure
what they are....svchost.exe/tmproxy.exe/tsc.exe I use pc-cillin for my
firewall & antivirus and am up to date on windows & definitions.

Any help?? I also am very unsure on the laptop how to do the factory
restore withouht the disc? any help?

Thanks
--
Gina

map

Ginabean wrote:
> Hey seems like we are all having the same problems
>
> I am also using a laptop, dell inspiron 1500 which has a 2.4cpu 512
> ram, only a 25 gb hd, but I use external for all my files / documents.
>
> I have some things that are using up the memory though...and I am not
> sure what they are....svchost.exe/tmproxy.exe/tsc.exe I use
> pc-cillin for my firewall & antivirus and am up to date on windows &
> definitions.
>
> Any help?? I also am very unsure on the laptop how to do the factory
> restore withouht the disc? any help?
>
> Thanks

svchost.exe is a normal system funtion and should be left alone.
tmproxy.exe is your pc-cillin anti-virus
tsc.exe is also your pc-cillin, "but" may cause some problems when using an
older version.Look here
http://www.google.as/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLD,GGLD:2004-36,GGLD:en&q=tsc%2Eexe

--
Mike Pawlak

This has been an issue with Pc-cillen in the past. You should check
for application updates along with definition updates.

PC-cillin and PC-cillin Internet Security experiences high CPU
utilization after updating to Pattern 594
http://kb.trendmicro.com/solutions/search/main/search/solutionDetail.asp?solutionId=24264

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User