XP Pro
At boot time it gives the message:
"Your system has no paging file or the paging file is too small."
....approximately...

I have changed the paging file settings to no avail.
I have checked the user permissions to no avail.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Fred

Usually occurs when the "Everyone" group permissions are removed from the
%systemdrive% Make sure that the System account (NT Authority) has full
control of the %systemdrive% and or the drive you're trying to put the
pagefile on. My Computer|Drive|File|Properties|Security|Permissions

The system account (nt authority) is the operating system's account and
needs to have full control of the drive(s) the pagefile exists on. The
system account is included in the "Everyone" group.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Fred Marshall" wrote:
| XP Pro
| At boot time it gives the message:
| "Your system has no paging file or the paging file is too small."
| ...approximately...
|
| I have changed the paging file settings to no avail.
| I have checked the user permissions to no avail.
|
| Any suggestions would be appreciated.
|
| Thanks,
|
| Fred

Hi Fred,

One of these articles may fix the error.

"Your System Has No Paging File, or the Paging File Is Too Small"
Error Message After WinXP Upgrade
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;316528

Error Message: Your System Has No Paging File, or the Paging File Is
Too Small
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315270

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

Fred Marshall wrote:
> XP Pro
> At boot time it gives the message:
> "Your system has no paging file or the paging file is too
> small." ...approximately...
>
> I have changed the paging file settings to no avail.
> I have checked the user permissions to no avail.
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Fred

TRENDING THREADS