No paging file or is too small

XP Pro
At boot time it gives the message:
"Your system has no paging file or the paging file is too small."
....approximately...

I have changed the paging file settings to no avail.
I have checked the user permissions to no avail.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Fred
2 answers Last reply
More about paging file small

    Usually occurs when the "Everyone" group permissions are removed from the
    %systemdrive% Make sure that the System account (NT Authority) has full
    control of the %systemdrive% and or the drive you're trying to put the
    pagefile on. My Computer|Drive|File|Properties|Security|Permissions

    The system account (nt authority) is the operating system's account and
    needs to have full control of the drive(s) the pagefile exists on. The
    system account is included in the "Everyone" group.

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Fred Marshall" wrote:
    | XP Pro
    | At boot time it gives the message:
    | "Your system has no paging file or the paging file is too small."
    | ...approximately...
    |
    | I have changed the paging file settings to no avail.
    | I have checked the user permissions to no avail.
    |
    | Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    |
    | Thanks,
    |
    | Fred

    Hi Fred,

    One of these articles may fix the error.

    "Your System Has No Paging File, or the Paging File Is Too Small"
    Error Message After WinXP Upgrade
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;316528

    Error Message: Your System Has No Paging File, or the Paging File Is
    Too Small
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315270

    --
    Regards,
    Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

    Fred Marshall wrote:
    > XP Pro
    > At boot time it gives the message:
    > "Your system has no paging file or the paging file is too
    > small." ...approximately...
    >
    > I have changed the paging file settings to no avail.
    > I have checked the user permissions to no avail.
    >
    > Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Fred

Microsoft Windows XP