cdpage

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2001
I wondered if anyone has attempted making at Case to house a U1 and a U5.

take for intsance the Xserve & Xserve RAID.

If some one where to mod a Case for this you'd have:

one of the fastest systems
with most hotswoppable storage
massive connectivity
in one of the most compact systems possible.

has somethinh like this been done?

Pro's... Cons?

<b><A HREF="http://www.digitalgunfire.com" target="_new">DigitalGunfire-Industrial EBM</A></b>
ASUS P4S8X-P4 2.4B - 2x512M DDR333 - ATI 9500Pro - WD80G HD(8M) - SAMSUNG SV0844D 8G HD - LG 16X DVD - Yamaha F1 CDRW

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
You can get 3U to 7U cases with large backplanes and room for most motherboards. Also it's not uncommon for an external RAID array (usually around 3U) to be connected to a 1U or 2U server.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

cdpage

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2001
I guess the reson i was asking is that it seams that a Ux raid type system has quite the cool factore and all the functionality.
I don't know much about the cost. But if it's resonable would there be a market for Moding cases to incorporate those also?

BTW,
(Master Historian of THGC)?

what are you at now 20000+ posts?

<b><A HREF="http://www.digitalgunfire.com" target="_new">DigitalGunfire-Industrial EBM</A></b>
ASUS P4S8X-P4 2.4B - 2x512M DDR333 - ATI 9500Pro - WD80G HD(8M) - SAMSUNG SV0844D 8G HD - LG 16X DVD - Yamaha F1 CDRW

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Somewhere in the neighborhood of twice that. It's a very exclusive neighborhood, very few candidates and only 1 resident.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>