Linksys wireless signal fluctuates from high to low ?

Is there a reason why the Linksys wireless signal fluctuates from high
to low ?
I have placed a access point between the router and the workstation,
The work station is in the basement, prior to putting the access point
in, the signal was weak.
Should I change the transmission channel ?
1 answer Last reply
More about linksys wireless signal fluctuates high

    On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 21:45:21 GMT, Charlie <Charlie@myhouse.net> wrote:

    >Is there a reason why the Linksys wireless signal fluctuates from high
    >to low ?

    Yes. Gravity. Most things fall from high places to low places. I
    would be seriously worried if they went from low to high.

    >I have placed a access point between the router and the workstation,

    Are there any cables connected to this access point? Just placing it
    between the router and the workstation doesn't do much.

    >The work station is in the basement, prior to putting the access point
    >in, the signal was weak.

    Well, if it was weak before, it will probably be weak after you move
    it.

    >Should I change the transmission channel ?

    I don't think that will help unless you're getting interference from
    some other wireless system. Try channels 1, 6, or 11.

    If that doesn't help, you might wanna disclose what problem you're
    trying to solve. Your description is rather vague and useless. Also,
    kindly supply what you have to work with as in the model numbers of
    your equipment, how they are connected, and some clue as to the
    topology (layout) as measure in feet, meters, or cubits.

    # http://802.11junk.com
    # jeffl@comix.santa-cruz.ca.us
    # jeffl@cruzio.com AE6KS

Wireless Linksys Internet Wireless Networking