Checking Power Supply Stats

sh1ft3d

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2004
How do you check the stats on your power supply? i.e. what voltage your rails are running at? I guess what I'm asking is that I don't really know much about power supplies, and this is definitely my weakest point when it comes to computer hardware so any information really on power supplies would be appreciated.

~thanks

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
MBM5 is accurate, but it picks up the wrong signal on some boards (and of course displays it accurately!). I'd try it.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

jamarno

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2001
Buy a cheap digital volt-ohm meter, preferrably one with a readout of at least 3.5 digits (2000 count or higher) and learn how to use it because motherboards don't measure voltages accurately enough to be trusted. But don't become obsessed if the voltages are off by 2-3% because computer hardware is perfectly able to tolerate small deviations like that.