HP PC System recovery Problem

I was trying to put back the original programs on my pc, but using the non
destructive recovery. I totally forgot to back up my files, and did not
create a restore point prior. Now once my pc was finished restoring, it
rebooted and i had to do the whole firstime pc thing again(?), so I didn't
really find that too bad, but upon loading up i noticed that original pc
profile was nowhere to be seen, and now 15Gigs of space i had on my drive is
now used up, and i have no idea how to revert back to my original Windows
setup. Please someone help me, is there some way of returning to that
partition on my drive, I have over 2years of info on it and I know it's still
there, because now my drive space is about used up. Help is greatly
appreciated.

NYC, did you use XP System Restore or a HP recover Utility? Did you
wind up with a fresh version of WinXP?
"HP PC in NYC" <HP PC in NYC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I was trying to put back the original programs on my pc, but using the non
> destructive recovery. I totally forgot to back up my files, and did not
> create a restore point prior. Now once my pc was finished restoring, it
> rebooted and i had to do the whole firstime pc thing again(?), so I didn't
> really find that too bad, but upon loading up i noticed that original pc
> profile was nowhere to be seen, and now 15Gigs of space i had on my drive
> is
> now used up, and i have no idea how to revert back to my original Windows
> setup. Please someone help me, is there some way of returning to that
> partition on my drive, I have over 2years of info on it and I know it's
> still
> there, because now my drive space is about used up. Help is greatly
> appreciated.

I used the HP system recover that's installed on the HD version 1.8. After
trying to figure out what happened, I'm really at a loss. No idea how to get
back my original information, but i know it's still there, because now I have
almost no space on a 80gig drive that had 15+ gigs before this disaster. Is
there anything I can do to have the PC return to the boot partition that is
the default one. While using msconfig to boot the pc into safe mode, i
noticed a hidden folder "Default User", but once the PC is booted normally
that folder is no longer viewable and almost nothing works, cannot download
anything to the drive, but i do have internet access on it.

"Rich Barry" wrote:

> NYC, did you use XP System Restore or a HP recover Utility? Did you
> wind up with a fresh version of WinXP?
> "HP PC in NYC" <HP PC in NYC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I was trying to put back the original programs on my pc, but using the non
> > destructive recovery. I totally forgot to back up my files, and did not
> > create a restore point prior. Now once my pc was finished restoring, it
> > rebooted and i had to do the whole firstime pc thing again(?), so I didn't
> > really find that too bad, but upon loading up i noticed that original pc
> > profile was nowhere to be seen, and now 15Gigs of space i had on my drive
> > is
> > now used up, and i have no idea how to revert back to my original Windows
> > setup. Please someone help me, is there some way of returning to that
> > partition on my drive, I have over 2years of info on it and I know it's
> > still
> > there, because now my drive space is about used up. Help is greatly
> > appreciated.

Have you tried here. Just type in your Desktop Model and Model Number.
Look in FAQ's and System Recovery.
http://www.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html?pageDisplay=support
"HP PC in NYC" <HP PC in NYC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I was trying to put back the original programs on my pc, but using the non
> destructive recovery. I totally forgot to back up my files, and did not
> create a restore point prior. Now once my pc was finished restoring, it
> rebooted and i had to do the whole firstime pc thing again(?), so I didn't
> really find that too bad, but upon loading up i noticed that original pc
> profile was nowhere to be seen, and now 15Gigs of space i had on my drive
> is
> now used up, and i have no idea how to revert back to my original Windows
> setup. Please someone help me, is there some way of returning to that
> partition on my drive, I have over 2years of info on it and I know it's
> still
> there, because now my drive space is about used up. Help is greatly
> appreciated.

I tried, but with the way the PC is now after this restore, i can't download
anything from the internet, almost no programs work correctly. Lots of unable
to access files and such errors.

"Rich Barry" wrote:

> Have you tried here. Just type in your Desktop Model and Model Number.
> Look in FAQ's and System Recovery.
> http://www.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html?pageDisplay=support
> "HP PC in NYC" <HP PC in NYC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I was trying to put back the original programs on my pc, but using the non
> > destructive recovery. I totally forgot to back up my files, and did not
> > create a restore point prior. Now once my pc was finished restoring, it
> > rebooted and i had to do the whole firstime pc thing again(?), so I didn't
> > really find that too bad, but upon loading up i noticed that original pc
> > profile was nowhere to be seen, and now 15Gigs of space i had on my drive
> > is
> > now used up, and i have no idea how to revert back to my original Windows
> > setup. Please someone help me, is there some way of returning to that
> > partition on my drive, I have over 2years of info on it and I know it's
> > still
> > there, because now my drive space is about used up. Help is greatly
> > appreciated.

HPNYC, if I were you I would remove my hard drive and connect it to a
friends computer. As Master on the Secondary
IDE channel. ( Motherboard Connector ). Then you could explore the
drive remove important files and then do a System
Recovery on your Computer.