Verizon 5220 PC Card External Antenna

Last response: in Network Providers
January 14, 2005 10:19:16 AM

Hi,

I shall be very glad if someone can inform me where I can buy an external
antenna for the Verizon BroadbandAccess Audiovox 5220 PC Card.

The device works beautifully on my laptop when I am out of the house but I
have very low signal strength indoors! I live in an old building that gives
me very low signal strength on my cell phone too.

Thanks for any help.

Regards.

JP
Anonymous
January 14, 2005 10:19:17 AM

Andromedan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I shall be very glad if someone can inform me where I can buy an
> external antenna for the Verizon BroadbandAccess Audiovox 5220 PC
> Card.
> The device works beautifully on my laptop when I am out of the house
> but I have very low signal strength indoors! I live in an old
> building that gives me very low signal strength on my cell phone too.
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Regards.
>
> JP

Depends if you want to do both things at once. I had a problem with both a
cell phone AND a pc card. I got an ACTIVE repeater (not a passive, this one
was Ant outside, amp, and another ant inside)... For more info see
http://www.cellantenna.com/ Ones similar to the ones they have for about
$499 (3 Watt booster amps), can be gotten for about $189 (1 to 3 Watt
booster amps), but good info at that site for the idea of active repeaters..
I went that way so I could use both anywhere in the house I wanted, but
didn't have to mess with wires/antennas etc. (they are WIRELESS aren't they?
Seemed silly to hook wires to wireless phones)

Did the same in my RV so I could use both when traveling/vacationing. They
also make booster amps for WiFi (in case anyone is interested)
Anonymous
January 14, 2005 10:19:17 AM

I went from zero to 2 bars on my PC5220 using: 301113 - Wilson Cellular
Dual-Band Mini Magnetic Mount Antenna , 359917 - Sierra Wireless Air
Card PC5220 Antenna Adapter Cable 359917 for the Verizon PC5220 card
adapter cable to FME from www.wpsantennas.com

It was around $40 plus shipping

You might get one with more db gain since you are using in a fix
location
Anonymous
January 14, 2005 6:36:07 PM

Hi,

Thanks very much for that information. It is very helpful.

I will get the unit as soon as I can!

Regards.

JP

!