security centre & firewall,cant enable.

a b 8 Security
June 3, 2005 2:58:34 PM

I have win xp pro.I cant enable the windows firewall,also the security
centre service.I get an error 1075--."the dependency service does not exist
or has been marked for deletion".
I also get a windows update error 3.
It seems I have trouble with anything to do with security.
Please help?
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
June 3, 2005 9:17:35 PM

HI *wilf frederick* :

> I have win xp pro.I cant enable the windows firewall,also the security
> centre service.I get an error 1075--."the dependency service does not exist
> or has been marked for deletion".
> I also get a windows update error 3.
> It seems I have trouble with anything to do with security.
> Please help?

You have to check the following services:

Application Layer Gateway
Windows Firewall/Internet Sharing Connection
Windows Management

They must be started and in automatic mode.

Start | run | services.msc
Select the service name and right click
choose properties

Press the start button if needed and select automatic start.

For more informations about Windows XP services :
The Elder Geek
http://www.theeldergeek.com/services_guide.htm

:)

--
Claude LaFrenière [MVP] :-)

«My Principal Design Was To Inform, Not To Amuse Thee.»
Lemuel Gulliver, The Travels (IV:12)
http://climenole.serendipia.net
!