security centre & firewall,cant enable.

I have win xp pro.I cant enable the windows firewall,also the security
centre service.I get an error 1075--."the dependency service does not exist
or has been marked for deletion".
I also get a windows update error 3.
It seems I have trouble with anything to do with security.
Please help?
1 answer Last reply
More about security centre firewall cant enable

    HI *wilf frederick* :

    > I have win xp pro.I cant enable the windows firewall,also the security
    > centre service.I get an error 1075--."the dependency service does not exist
    > or has been marked for deletion".
    > I also get a windows update error 3.
    > It seems I have trouble with anything to do with security.
    > Please help?

    You have to check the following services:

    Application Layer Gateway
    Windows Firewall/Internet Sharing Connection
    Windows Management

    They must be started and in automatic mode.

    Start | run | services.msc
    Select the service name and right click
    choose properties

    Press the start button if needed and select automatic start.

    For more informations about Windows XP services :
    The Elder Geek
    http://www.theeldergeek.com/services_guide.htm

    :)

    --
    Claude LaFrenière [MVP] :-)

    «My Principal Design Was To Inform, Not To Amuse Thee.»
    Lemuel Gulliver, The Travels (IV:12)
    http://climenole.serendipia.net

Security Firewalls Windows Update Microsoft Windows XP