Backup Storage with Multiple CDs

a b G Storage
June 3, 2005 6:06:04 PM

How can I backup all my files & folders using multiple CDs with "Backup &
Restore Wizard" from System Tools? I did the Backup, but when it comes time
to copy to: DVD-CD-RW Drive (D), it says that the CD only holds 650 MB & I
need 6.12 GB. I just want to be able to switch CD when it is full & insert
another blank one to continue. How do I proceed?
Anonymous
a b G Storage
June 3, 2005 9:25:13 PM

Bonjour *Lost & Found* :

> How can I backup all my files & folders using multiple CDs with "Backup &
> Restore Wizard" from System Tools? I did the Backup, but when it comes time
> to copy to: DVD-CD-RW Drive (D), it says that the CD only holds 650 MB & I
> need 6.12 GB. I just want to be able to switch CD when it is full & insert
> another blank one to continue. How do I proceed?

NTbackup can't backup to CDs by (stupid) design:

Windows Backup Does Not Back Up to CD-R, CD-RW, or DVD-R Devices
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315255

also:
Windows XP Backup Made Easy
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/learnmor...

You can try Cobian Backup (Free):
http://www.cobian.se/

or buy a tape backup... (Thanks M$)

:)
--
Claude LaFrenière [MVP] :-)

«My Principal Design Was To Inform, Not To Amuse Thee.»
Lemuel Gulliver, The Travels (IV:12)
http://climenole.serendipia.net
!