Bluetooth Gamepads - Do They Exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jar50972

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2012
I have been looking for a Bluetooth gamepad for over 2 years now. The reason I want Bluetooth is because the fact that:

1. It's wireless
2. I can also use it with an Android phone
3. It's wireless.

Most of the ones I have seen are BUTT ugly. Also, they have no triggers or analogs sticks.
Now the most common suggestion is to get a PS3 controller. I don't want that. Why? I want it to work native, with Windows. I don't want to install Joy2Key or any of those keyboard mapping software.

So, Tom's Hardware members, help a wireless, on-the-go gamer out. Is there such thing as a (non-PS3) Bluetooth gamepad?

ricardois

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
Doing my little research on the internet, looks like only the PS3 Controllers works with bluetooth, but like you said, it will need Joy2Key.

I would say the best thing you can do, is buy a microsoft xbox 360 controller + wireless usb Receiver, that controller works with almost all games without need to configure keys and other stuff, also de receiver works for 4 controllers...

For your android... i don't think any other than ps3 controller will do, but i don't think you really need a controller to play on phone...

ricardois

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011

Dovahkiin, probabily this is same as playstation 3 control, i see it was made for android phones, probabily will work on phone but... don't say nothing about microsoft support, i keep with my old post, if you want to play games on pc without configuring keys, and full compatibility with almost all games you will play, go for Xbox 360 controller.

zeemote

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
Have you checked Zeemote JS-1?
Can buy in Amazon or Best Buy online.

Dennie0125

Honorable
Mar 12, 2013
Now,your problem is not a problem anymore.

we Shenzhen Gamtec Electronic Technology company now supply a new bluetooth game pad support Android,iOS and PC.

beaytiful out look,with triggers,analogs sticks,non-psp3.
easy carried,just enjoy your games!

you can find this on www.gamtecsky.com
or leave me a message!

Status
Not open for further replies.