Erasing the hard drive

June 4, 2005 10:00:02 PM

We're wanting to sell our computer and were wondering how we can erase all
our private information off of the computer. It's Windows XP and the
computer is a Compaq. I've heard that there is software that will wipe off
everything completely. Would appreciate any help, as we've never sold one
before. We'd heard of people deleting everything, but yet there are places
that your personal information can still turn up on the hard drive!!

Thanks!

More about : erasing hard drive

Anonymous
June 5, 2005 12:10:36 AM

Little bit 77 wrote:
> We're wanting to sell our computer and were wondering how we can
> erase all our private information off of the computer. It's Windows
> XP and the computer is a Compaq. I've heard that there is software
> that will wipe off everything completely. Would appreciate any help,
> as we've never sold one before. We'd heard of people deleting
> everything, but yet there are places that your personal information
> can still turn up on the hard drive!!
>
> Thanks!

Search Google for: free wipe erase hard drive

You'll get pages like:

http://www.pcworld.com/howto/article/0,aid,110338,00.as...
http://www.thefreecountry.com/security/securedelete.sht...
http://www.heidi.ie/eraser/